2 positions available!, Kick start your engineering career in the Water Industry, 2 year rotational program.
- 2 x Graduate Engineer positions
- $66,644, plus 15% superannuation
- 2 year rotational program, Full-Time
- Canberra location
Our Graduate Program
Are you ready to build your future career to not only better yourself, but also Canberra
We are looking for motivated and innovative graduates to join Icon Water for a January 2021 start. We have opportunities for Mechanical and Civil Engineering graduates (or similar).
Our two-year graduate program provides a fast-tracked career pathway into the Water Industry. We offer industry-specific training, professional development, and networking opportunities to apply the foundational theory you have learned into practice.
As part of the 4 x 6 months rotation program, you will be exposed to functional areas with business mentors, allowing you to experience a range of responsibilities and opportunities.
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberras network of water and wastewater infrastructure to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. We are a people-focused organisation, acknowledging that our people are our greatest asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
We want our people to be empowered to work in a collaborative and productive way and that your work and personal lives are in harmony. The Careers tab on the Icon Water website will show you our current graduates and great employee benefits, including free gym memberships, free parking and flexible working.
Access to our Graduate Network:
We recognise that transitioning from student to professional life can be an adjustment. So, we believe in supporting our graduates to connect with each other and build strong professional networks across our business.
As a network run by graduates, for graduates, you will get to take ownership of leading professional and social events that contribute to not only your development and business understanding, but that of your fellow graduates too.
You will have:
- Graduated in 2019 or will be graduating by the end of 2020 with a degree in either Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Water Resource or Mechanical Engineering
- A safety oriented attitude and are passionate about driving positive safety behaviours every single day
- An analytical and problem-solving mind to translate complex information into business insights
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills, and can develop positive relationships both internally and externally to the business
- An adaptable approach to working, by embracing and exploring innovative ways of thinking
Excited to kick-start your career in engineering Check out how to apply!
Please log onto our recruitment portal to upload your:
- cover letter specifying which area of engineering interests you
- brief responses to our selection criteria
Applications close 14 July 2020.
What is Canberra like
Recently rated Australias most liveable city, Canberra provides a lifestyle that is not for everyone (and we like it that way). It offers easy access to the great outdoors, quiet residential areas, short travel time to work and an inner city (and surrounds) dining scene that is always developing.
Many Canberrans relish our four seasons and two hour trip to either the snow or surf. Canberra has a highly educated workforce and innovative business culture, offering a range of unique career opportunities like this one.