Diverse Research Organisation, Fast paced dynamic role, Based in outer Brisbane suburb.
Mining3 is a world-leading research organisation, directed by its global mining industry members to develop and deliver transformational technology to improve the productivity, sustainability, and safety of the mining industry.
Our world-class researchers and engineers develop tangible solutions to industry-identified challenges using both fundamental and applied research while leveraging our extensive history and acquired knowledge.
By bringing industry and research expertise together, we collaboratively accelerate the delivery of real-world solutions from our research, ensuring they are available to the market as rapidly and effectively as possible.
Primary purpose of position
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Executive Assistant will work closely with the Executive team, as well as working collaboratively with the wider administration team to provide high quality assistance and support to ensure the day to day operations of Mining3 are carried out.
This position is located at Pinjarra Hills.
Duties and responsibilities
The position description provides a detailed list of duties and responsibilities. They include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with organising the CEO/COOs work schedules, including managing diaries and organising meetings and appointments, fielding complex tasks and relationships and following up with Mining3 team members on behalf of the CEO / COO.
- Be contactable and responsive to the support needs of the CEO / COO at all times. This may include out of normal hours work.
- Undertake secretarial responsibilities for meetings, including compiling agendas, and writing and distributing minutes, as well as reminding and following up on action items.
- Prepare communications on behalf of the COO. This includes typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations, briefing papers and other correspondence, along with providing technical input into the formatting of communications.
- Arrange, coordinate and book all staff travel, transport and accommodation using the Mining3 approved travel accounts. This includes preparing error free detailed itineraries.
- Collate and file financial records, reconcile all credit card statements and process travel and cash claims relevant to the duties of the CEO / COO.
- Work as part of the broader Administration Team to ensure all Mining3 administrative tasks are carried out effectively. This includes supporting the day to day functions of a workplace.
- Assist with the Technical Committee and Research Committee meetings when required. This includes working with the Research Manager to develop and distribute agendas and papers, and recording, transcribing and distributing minutes of meetings.
Applicants require undergraduate qualifications in Business Administration or a related field, plus the ability to provide a high standard of confidential administrative and secretarial support including document management, complex diary management and the coordination of meetings.
Applicants must be highly organised and able to prioritise a diverse workload, with a high-level attention to detail. They should demonstrate initiative to anticipate executive needs, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to consult and negotiate with a diverse multi-disciplined and multicultural group of people. Importantly, an applicant must show the ability to multi-task effectively.
You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in Australia to apply for this opportunity.
This is a full time, fixed term 12-month appointment, with the possibility of extension. The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range $65,000 - $75,000 plus super of up to 9.5%, based on your depth of experience and what you can bring to the role.
Interested! If so, apply for this position by reviewing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and sending your resume and cover letter (no more than two pages), outlining how your experience meets the duties, responsibilities and applicant qualities highlighted above and in the Position Description.
by COB Monday 22 June 2020.
Please note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.