Our client is a respected and successful Sydney based, interior design and fit out company, managing prestigious projects across Australia.
On their behalf we are looking to secure an additional experienced, customer focused and highly motivated Project Manager to support their portfolio growth.
Reporting to the MD, this role is critical to the ongoing success of the business, requiring a capable, results-driven, and customer, cost and safety focused professional. If selected, your overall objective will be to ensure highly valued customers are delighted as projects are consistently completed on-time, safely and to the expectation of all stakeholders.
In this role your responsibilities and objectives will include:
- Lead, manage and develop projects, clearly communicate objectives and ensure consistently high levels of customer service and high standards of work are achieved;
- Manage projects to ensure all are completed on time, on budget and to the satisfaction of the client;
- Communicate effectively, liaise with and update clients regularly throughout the process;
- Ensure the site is ready and installers have access to complete installs on time;
- Produce weekly programming schedule for installers;
- Achieve financial requirements and drive increased revenue.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Proven success in a similar role in the building & construction industry;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Project & Excel as a minimum;
- Proven ability in successful delivery to project timelines;
- Proven expertise in client management and relationship skills;
- The ability to work in a driven, fast-paced, proactive team environment;
- Confident and competent at specification coordination;
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- A strong business/process improvement focus;
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
Importantly your ability to grasp and convey technical concepts is pre-requisite, as is your drive to deliver high standards of customer service at every stage of the process.
To be considered you must possess a thorough understanding of commercial fitout work and a great understanding of the joinery trade, including shop drawings, elevations, and architectural drawings.
You will be required to manage projects of varying size and complexity concurrently. You will be calm when multitasking, able to prioritize projects with varying timelines, and resilient when managing variations.
This role may suit you if you are currently a site manager working as part of a small team and looking for the next step in your career.
In return, you will join a team at an exciting time in their growth and get involved in developing business partnerships to further develop this already successful business.