Attractive remuneration package, Key leadership role, Contribute to creating an extraordinary Wollongong for our community.
Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, situated on one of Australias most picturesque coastlines. Regarded as Australias most liveable regional city, Wollongong offers a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
Permanent | Full Time
Negotiable package from $160,000 per annum
(inclusive of superannuation and option of a motor vehicle equalisation allowance or a lease for private use of a motor vehicle)
Are you looking for a leadership role where you can influence and develop high performing teams, as well as utilise your corporate planning skills to deliver exceptional outcomes
The Corporate Strategy Manager leads the development, implementation and organisational culture of the strategic planning and reporting framework. In addition, the position directs the implementation of strategic and corporate planning processes and facilitates the preparation of divisional and branch/unit plans and reviews which align with community and corporate objectives.
You will engage effectively across all aspects of the business and provide leadership and management oversight to the corporate strategy team, as well as providing strategic advice to the General Manager and Executive Management Team on a wide range of issues.
We are looking for a career minded professional with high level skills and extensive experience in the following areas:
- Strategic team leadership and performance management skills to achieve high quality outcomes and results;
- Extensive experience in the management and delivery of strategic planning; and
- Strong Communication, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills;
This position provides you with the opportunity to grow and expand your skills and experience within a challenging and changing work environment.
Benefits of working at Council:
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We encourage personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We offer Flexible work arrangements + 35 hour working week
- We offer a varied lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts
- We support Novated leasing arrangements
Applications close 12 midday Monday 29 June 2020.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.