About the Client
Our Client is a well-established retailer based in Geraldton, providing a wide range of Agricultural and Automotive parts, equipment and products to businesses and the general public. Due to a recent restructure, our client is seeking a highly experienced Branch Manager.
About the Job
As the Branch Manager you will be responsible for all day to day operations and activities in the store that operates 6 days per week. The available role is a typical retail management position where it is very hands on as you will be front and centre in customer service through to the business administration of the branch.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Customer Service Ensure that high standards in customer service is carried out at all times
- Staff Management Manage a small team of retail staff ensuring that their performance, attendance and work ethic are to a high level
- Rostering Managing the weekly rosters for permanent and casual staff
- Sales Reconciliation - Daily, weekly and monthly sales reconciliation and sales balance
- Reordering Oversee reordering processes and execution.
- Supplier Representatives Dealing with supplier company representatives and managing these relationships
- Stock Control Using in-house software to ensure that all stock is inputted, priced and available
- Store Presentation Ensure that retails display, shelving and point of sales counters are presented in a clean, tidy and organised manner
- Point of Sales Responsible that all stocked items are entered into the point of sales system that provides information from pricing, sales frequency and amounts of stocked items
- Marketing Assisting in-store promotions, specials and sales
- Major Client Management Account management of all major clients
- Logistics Managing sales deliveries and stock deliveries
- Warehousing Responsible in maintaining systems and procedures for all stock delivery and warehousing
- Budgeting & Reporting Monitoring and reporting on store sales figures, budgets and sales targets
- Staff Training Training new and existing staff in product knowledge, customer service and in-house systems
- Customer Complaints & Returns Be familiar with Fair Trading legislations and manage customer complaints in a highly professional manner
- OH&S Ensuring that in-house staff comply to all safety policies and procedures as well as ensuring that all potential OH&S risks are eliminated to the general public entering into the store
The working hours of the store will require you to work a minimum of 5 days per week including at least 1 day over the weekend. You will be opening and closing the store on most trading days, conducting pre starts to ensure all systems are ready for trading as well as the presentation of the store is to a high standard.
About the Candidate
We are seeking a candidate that has least 2 years in a retail management role, with candidates having experience in retail outlets in the automotive, hardware, industrial supplies, parts interpreting or agricultural products highly sought after.
You will have the ability to work across several key areas from customer service, sales, stock control and staff management to name a few. Key skills and traits that are high on our list include;
- Time Management Ability to prioritise work on a continual basis
- Computer & IT Have a good computer skill especially with point of sales and stock control software
- Customer Service & Sales Lead by example and have effective service and sales techniques
- Product Knowledge - You will be the go to person for most technical questions. Having a background in automotive or agricultural products will be an advantage
- Administration Been able to carry out all business administration from data entry to email correspondence
- Stock Control Having the skills and past experience to manage effectively stocked and warehoused products especially with software systems
- Staff Management Been confident and proactive in managing the team from recognising standout employees to providing advice, training or disciplinary action to staff when required
- Parts Interpreting Experience in parts interpreting from catalogues or computer systems is highly sought after
- Budgeting & Reporting Having exposure to reporting as well as been familiar with achieving sales targets and budgets
Apart from the above skills and traits, we are looking for a candidate that is highly motivated to progress their career and has the desire for long term work. You will have a genuine passion for the retail industry and as well as enjoying working across all facets of the role in order to manage a branch successfully.
You will be a self-starter that takes ownership of the role and takes pride in your work. You will be motivated with high energy levels with common sense, initiative and problem solving skills which will assist you in the day to day management of the branch.
Hours and Days of work
Normal operating hours are from 7.30AM 5.00PM Monday to Friday and 8:00AM 12:00PM Saturday mornings. These working days and hours are subject to change based on seasonal requirements where additional hours may be required as well as opportunities to have a weekend off from time to time.
Depending on experience the salary range will be between 80K+ commission structure + Super. This is a permanent role and candidates will accrue holiday and sick pay.