Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Position based at Fiona Stanley Hospital
- Level 4, part-time (0.5 FTE), 12 month opportunity
- Salary range: $65,588 - $69,672 plus 9.5% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
Fiona Stanley Hospital (FSH) is one of Western Australia’s premier tertiary public hospitals and works in collaboration with university staff and researchers involved in the delivery of allied health, medical and nursing education and training, to enhance and improve health care delivery for all Western Australians.
The team is research intensive in audit and clinical trials within the WA University and hospital sectors as well as globally. In addition, the team is heading into exciting times with collaborations between UWA, Fiona Stanley Hospital, The Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research and Western Australian Health Translation Network.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general direction, provide expertise in a wide variety of administrative and secretarial duties to support the Lawrence-Brown Professor of Vascular Surgery/Head of Division of Surgery/Director of COVID-19 Research Response.
Inherent personality traits required for this role include strong communication, problem solving and organisational skills. This exciting opportunity would suit someone with the ability to work independently and contribute as part of a team, who enjoys a challenge and is able to support and manage a variety of tasks.
Our most important asset is our team. We offer a commitment to encouraging a culture of high performance, excellence, and a work environment that values respect, integrity and diversity. If you are an experienced Administrative Assistant who’s passionate about health and medical research and wants to work in a challenging, stimulating and supportive environment where what you do matters, then we want to hear from you.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Year 12 or equivalent competency
- Considerable relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Well-developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
Closing date: Sunday 21 June 2020
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).