Become part of a team that prides itself on innovation and excellence, Work in an outdoor environment where no two days are the same, Salary Packaging available.
Since we opened our doors in 1993, Workpower's Wholesale Nursery has become the leading supplier of high quality green stock in Western Australia. We propagate and grow over 1.2 million plants each year, which include WA native tube stock lines, landscape container stock up to 5lt, and mature trees.
About the role
The Nursery Hand works as part of a team to ensure that the Wholesale Nursery meets its sales and production targets as well as working alongside people with disability and/or mental illness.
This is a casual position for approximately 3 months, working at our Noranda Wholesale Nursery Lot 6 Della Rd Noranda
The hours are from 7.30am to 3.36pm.
What the role involves
This hands-on role requires you to complete plant production tasks working both in small teams and independently.
- Producing green stock including; transplanting mixed ranges of tree sizes from tube stock 5lt.
- Producing stock via seeding, division or cutting methods.
- Collating and dispatching stock for orders.
- Weeding of plant stock.
- Maintaining nursery growing areas which includes on ground weeds.
- Stock movements.
- Working alongside people with a disability and/or mental illness
- Producing and preparing native wetland species within wet bays.
We are looking for an individual who has:
- Experience within the horticultural industry bringing your knowledge and skills to the team.
- Able to maintain and operate nursery equipment.
- Prior exposure to occupational health and safety within the horticulture industry.
In addition to the above, the following is desirable but not necessary:
- A Certificate III or IV in Horticulture
To find out more about the role, please contact General Manager, Alex Growden on 0419 968 422 between the hours of 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Benefits and Culture
At Workpower, we are fortunate to have an organisation comprised of talented, dedicated, and passionate individuals who all strive on providing the best service, whether it's internally or externally. It is a friendly and supportive working environment where there is no shortage of people wanting to lend a hand and help each other achieve team goals.
Workpower is a not for profit organisation and as an advantage employees have access to salary packaging of up to $15,900 per annum, an additional entertainment package which is seen to be a great benefit to our employees.
Come grow with us! We are committed to supporting people with their professional development through investing in training and providing further career opportunities.
Applications close Friday June 19th 2020