Rural Clinical School
- Geraldton based position
- Level 5, full-time, fixed-term appointment until September 2021
- Salary range: $70,693 to $78,354 plus 9.5% superannuation
- District Allowance of $827 pro rata
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the Rural Clinical School
The Rural Clinical School of Western Australia is a unit within the Medical School of the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, which provides rural clinical training for WA medical students. The RCSWA spans a breadth of some 3,500kms across multiple sites in WA order to provide a positive rural educational experience, increase the quantity and quality of the rural workforce and in turn improve health outcomes in rural and remote Australia.
About the team
The Academic Services team is responsible for providing academic administration and support services to a wide range of clients including Heads of School, academic staff and students across the Faculty. The team is committed to providing a quality outcome with a focus on continuous improvement.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Academic Services Team Leader, you will provide a high level of administrative support to the area and take a responsible role in the establishment, maintenance and improvement of the office systems and policies and procedures to ensure its efficient operation. You will also provide site level support to students and the Medical Coordinator.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent competency
- Substantial relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level
- Proficient in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Highly developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description.
Closing date: Friday 26 June 2020
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).