About the Firm
EMA Legal is a leading law firm specialising in Employment Law, Industrial Relations and Workers Compensation.
About the Role
This is a full time permanent position aligned to Level 1 in the Legal Services Award and an excellent introduction to the legal services industry.
You will be providing support to our team of Solicitors, and ensuring the efficient operation of the office. You will be the first point of contact for our clients and have excellent presentation and communication skills.
You will have a friendly and outgoing manner and work well with others.
Will be varied and include:
- General reception duties answering phones, greeting clients and managing meeting rooms;
- General office administrative duties;
- Managing mail and arranging couriers;
- Office maintenance duties - meeting rooms, managing photocopier and phone system, stationery supplies;
- Emailing invoices to clients;
- Assisting to set up and close client files;
- Providing adhoc basic support to or for legal secretaries as needed (typing, sending final documents etc);
- General document management assistance for Solicitors;
- Filing (electronic and hard copy) and basic file management.
- You may have prior experience in a similar role (legal or professional service firms will be highly regarded), or be looking for your first job in legal services;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - verbal and written;
- Strong attention to detail and hardworking;
- A positive and friendly attitude and ability to multi-task;
- Show initiative and think laterally;
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications;
- Some prior experience in Lexis Nexis Affinity legal software will be highly regarded.