Our Butchers prepare and sell meat and meat products, either directly to the public, or to restaurants and supermarkets. We are a specialised meat manufacturer and, thus all our staff needs to be experienced SA Meat product specialists. They cut the meat into sizes small enough for individual use and the manufacturing of our specialised products.
They place the meat onto trays for display and sale, and also package meat for retail sale. They advise customers on the type of meat they sell, and may make recommendations about cooking or preparing their products. Some butchers also marinate, cure and smoke meat, and make sausages and other forms of smallgoods.
The Senior Bucher joining us must have the following attributes:
1. Butchery Management Experience: * Staff Management * Stock Management * Staff Training * Experience in both a Medium and Large environment is required. * Experience gained both in Australia and South Africa is required.
2. Skilled in the manufacturing of South African Specialised Meat Products such as , but not limited to:
* Boerewors * Sosaties (Kebabs) * Varieties of Specialised Sausages * Smoking and Curing of Meat * Manufacturing of Smoked Meat Products * Preparing and breaking of carcasses for the purpose of specialised manufacturing * Manufacture of Dry Meat Products: ("Biltong, Droee Wors" Meat Sticks, Processed Meats)
3. Packing of Products
* Experienced in the packing of specialised products for specific distribution * Trained in the operation and preventative maintenance of specialised product packing machines.
* Practical "on the job" training is required. * Proof of Continuous Training is required.
A competitive salary package with all the relevant statutory benefits are on offer to the correct person with the possibility of growth development. Applications Close 25 June 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
16/06/2020$0Perth1 Trades & Services
Apply for this job
Option 1: Use this option if you want to upload a new cover letter and a Resume file