- July start – Approx. 12-month project
- Full-time hours with potential over-time
- Defence contract
- Western Suburbs Location
Want to work for a company with excellent working conditions and modern state of the art facilities
Our client provides specialist maintenance services to the defence industry. They have an opportunity for a qualified technician/fitter with hydraulic experience to join the team.
You will be performing preventive maintenance duties, equipment strip downs and refurbishment, testing and troubleshooting on hydraulic componentry associated with marine vessels.
Duties for this role will include:
- Stripping, survey, cleaning, refurbishment & testing of hydraulic mechanical equipment
- Clean room management including maintaining its operation within company guidelines
- Completion of all documentation relevant to the above processes
- Troubleshooting of problems with equipment
- Regular maintenance of workshop equipment
- Training of other personnel in the refurbishment of equipment and other relevant processes
- Identifying new or improved work procedures
- Supporting the Production Supervisor to achieve his targets
- Undertake goods inwards inspections
- Undertake special projects and investigations as required
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate MUST have:
- Trade qualification (Fitter)
- Current Driver's license
- A current police clearance (less than six months old) or willing to obtain one
- Hydraulics 1 & 2 qualifications - preferred
- Proven experience working with hydraulics
- An understanding of quality processes and their application to high integrity defence assets
- Extensive experience in the refurbishment of hydraulics machinery & mechanical systems
- Proven commitment to safety
- Current Forklift License - preferred
- Basic computer skills
If you are ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity you can apply by selecting the 'Apply for this job’ button.
PLEASE NOTE -. Due to the large response only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. To view all of our job vacancies
For us, it’s more than just personnel – its personal!
Trades & Services