Our Growing Team
Our talented Growing team is critical to the success of our business, and works together with our internal and external technical specialists to ensure the success of our tomato crops. As a result of our upcoming expansion, we are seeking more dedicated, passionate and experienced Growers and Assistant Growers to join us!
Assistant Grower (5ha)
This key, hands-on role provides support and back up to the glasshouse Grower Manager, and is an ideal stepping stone to becoming a Grower Manager or Labour Manager in our business.
Assistant Growers play a leading role in the coordination of glasshouse Supervisors and general labour, including recruitment, development and performance management, whilst supporting the Grower Manager with a range of responsibilities including:
- Heating resource plans/actions (coal, gas);
- Climate control system settings and monitoring (Priva - heating, venting, watering);
- Crop nutrition including daily and weekly nutrition actions for all stages of the crop cycle;
- Pest and disease management including implementing daily and weekly control strategies, incorporating IPM;
- Water resource management including daily and weekly actions, operational troubleshooting of water systems and equipment;
- Leading / participating in projects to improve quality, safety, performance and yield;
- Ensuring adherence to safety, quality and hygiene KPIs, policies and procedures.
Costa is Australias leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, its also crucial to ensuring that our countrys natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato Category
Our tomatoes are grown 365 days per year in one of Australias largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located at Guyra, in the beautiful New England Tablelands region of NSW.
To accommodate our continued business growth, $70+ million expansion project is underway, increasing our production area by 33% and creating an additional 150 jobs onsite. This expansion project will bring our onsite operation to 40ha of glasshouse, 2.5ha propagation nursery, 2 large packing facilities and over 800 staff.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
We currently grow 9 varieties of tomatoes including large truss, cocktail truss and small snacking.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, immediate commencement available