Work for an established, iconic Australian brand, Large, supportive team based in Richmond, Show off your technical and analytical accounting abilities.
About our team
With roots in the founding families of Australias malt industry, Barrett Burston Malting Co. has been delivering premium malted barley for customers for more than 150 years. We source top-grade barley from farms all across Australia and work directly with brewers & distillers to ensure that our malt matches both the required quality and flavour profile so they can continue to craft the best beers and whiskys. Our head office and primary malting operations are located in Victoria home to some of Australia's finest malting barley crops. With operations in Western Australia, Queensland and New Zealand, we combine tradition and experience with innovation for the brewing and distilling sector.
About our job
Based at BBMs Head Office in Richmond (VIC), we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join the Barrett Burston Malting team on a permanent basis.
The role reports into the Senior Management Accountant where you are responsible for supporting the business in various aspects of management accounting with a focus on key areas including raw material costs, manufacturing costs, overhead costs, payroll costs, utility costs, sales, capex and inventory.
In this role, you will drive budgets, prepare reports and various ad-hoc reporting, project work and capital expenditure proposals.
You will have outstanding technical accounting ability combined with sound knowledge of management accounting within the manufacturing and/or commercial environment. With your strong analytical skills and your hands-on approach to understanding process, you will add value with your exceptional Excel skills and demonstrated skills in planning organizing and problem solving, and of course reducing costs. In addition to the above, the successful candidate will also have:
- Degree Qualified and Commencement of Professional Qualification (CPA/CA or equivalent)
- Previous work experience working within the manufacturing/commercial industries
- Minimum 3 years experience as a management accountant
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and management reporting
- Well demonstrated experience with costs analysis and trend analysis
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and problem solving
- Sound knowledge of Accounting Standards
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with key stakeholders/vendors, including internal stakeholders in different locations.
- Experience with Production Costs analysis and management of Capital Expenditures
In addition to providing proof of working rights and suitable professional referees, preferred candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
Working at Barrett Burston Malting
At BBM, we value and respect the different perspectives and experiences our people bring to work each day. We aim to increase the diversity of our workforce leading to a range of different thinking, perspectives and ideas that create the innovation we need to drive better business results. We aim to have a work environment where everyone feels included and everyone can realise their full potential.
Applications via email will not be accepted.