Sydneys next big underground metro railway, Multiple contracts across various lifecycle stages, Brownfield railway and minor road enabling works.
About Sydney Metro
Sydney Metro is leading Australia's biggest public transport infrastructure program, developing, delivering and operating a new world-class metro railway system for Sydney.
Australia's first fully-automated metro opened in the first half of 2019, and will extend into the Sydney city in 2024 in a $20 billion-plus program of works. Next will come a new underground metro between the Sydney CBD and Greater Parramatta.
Sydney Metro West will be the citys next big underground metro railway a new easy link doubling rail capacity between the Sydney and Parramatta CBDs. Metro rail will become the easiest and fastest journey between the two centres.
If you are a senior project manager with demonstrated experience in the delivery of Signalling Projects in a brownfield railway environment and on a multidisciplinary level then look no further.
Working closely with the Contract Director and broader project team, the focus will be on development, procurement and delivery of Sydney Metro West early and enabling works to support the delivery of the main contracts.
Specifically, you will bemanaging the contracts with the external suppliers and Tier 2 contractors whose packages range between $1M and $80M. These packages include the relocation of brownfield assets, services, construction of roads, access routes and reconfiguration activities too. With the design and construction being managed by Sydney Metro, this role will deliver scoping through design, delivery and hand over-inclusive.
The ideal candidate will have experience in planning and scoping early and enabling works projects, experience in government processes, a sound understanding of a project's lifecycle coupled with the ability to identify potential risks and issues prior to escalation.
- Significant experience in the delivery of Signalling Projects in a brownfield railway environment and on a multidisciplinary level in both Private and Public Sectors.
- Substantial experience as a Signalling or Rail Systems Project Manager on heavy rail infrastructure projects.
- Experience in the delivery of projects under AEO assurance engineering procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of rail systems scope on large program-wide projects experience.
- Proven capability in managing critical interfaces with Local Councils and other TfNSW agencies.
- Experience in developing procurement strategies and leading $5m plus contract procurement process.
- Have held previous positions as a Rail Safety Worker (RSW) for a minimum of 5 Years
This is an exceptional opportunity where your personal success will directly translate into the successful delivery of the project. If influencing the future of NSW infrastructure and being part of creating a lasting legacy interests you then please consider joining Sydney Metro.
This is a TSSE BAND 1A role offering an attractive remuneration package
Permanent full-time opportunity
Alternatively submit your application addressing the reason for your interest, and how your experience would fit this position.