Work on exciting public, traffic projects make your mark in the community!
- Enjoy the support of experienced mentors and manager
- Based at the Rockdale Administration Building
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
Purpose of the role
The City Futures directorate focuses on ensuring sustainable and responsible planning and development for all aspects of our City.
You will conduct inspections and investigation of Councils traffic related assets to ensure construction and maintenance of existing and new assets in line with relevant standards, guidelines and work practices.
The role is responsible for the provision of corporate asset register data analysis and reporting to ensure current and fit for purpose data enables accurate asset lifecycle decision making.
Within the area of responsibility, this role is required to:
- Generate works requests and deliver proactive and reactive works and asset inspections to ensure asset management objectives and legislative obligations are met.
- Investigate, identify and document defects, risks and hazards to inform forward planning and program development.
- Assist to develop project scopes and briefing documents to enable coordination of optimal asset service programs.
- Work in collaboration with and assist the team, manager and other key stakeholders to achieve business unit goals, work requests, demands and Council priorities.
- Relevant tertiary qualification equal to a Bachelor Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Current Drivers Licence Class C.
What can we offer you
As an employer, Bayside Council offers a flexible and family-friendly working environment supported by a generous and tangible reward and recognition program with ongoing training and development opportunities.
Prior to commencing your application a job description can be obtained from Council website at www.bayside.nsw.gov.au.
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 3 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), outlining how your skills and experience are relevant to the position and meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and key challenges of the role.
When addressing the focus competencies, key accountabilities and key challenges for the role, it is essential you give an illustration of how you meet these it is not sufficient to merely indicate what you have done we are more interested in how you have demonstrated these requirements, what results were achieved, using an evidence-based approach.
Closing Date: Monday 29 June 2020 at 4.30pm.
Salary Range: From $71,741.02 to $80,349.94 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Bayside Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.