- Full time permanent (ongoing) position
- CL Grade 5/6 ($85,488 - $94,327) plus superannuation and annual leave loading
- Supportive and collaborative environment
- Flexible working conditions and latest IT productivity tools
- Competitive salary package
- Modern space, walking distance from public transport and the scenic Parramatta River
The Health and Safety Directorate is in an exciting period of expansion and positive change and we have numerous opportunities available for high performing individuals to join our busy and vibrant team.
You will be part of our team of passionate professionals who apply their experience, expertise and passion to solve unique challenges and to help create one of the finest education systems in the world. We have an open and highly collaborative office environment located in a state of the art, new building, within walking distance from Parramatta station and close to the scenic Parramatta River. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, competitive salary package and the latest IT and productivity tools. Youll be working with a diverse mix of practical, results focused and customer orientated people who deliver services to achieve safe and healthy workplaces and schools.
About the Department of Education
We ensure young children get the best start in life by supporting and regulating the early childhood education and care sector. We are the largest provider of public education in Australia with responsibility for delivering high-quality public education to two-thirds of the NSW student population.
For more information about the Department of Education, please visit NSW Department of Education
The Health and Safety Directorate shapes and leads work health and safety across the department by delivering services and support to our workplaces to assist them in achieving a safe working and learning environments.
About the Unit
The Workplace Health Management Unit delivers services that assist schools and departmental workplaces to manage all aspects of employee health and wellbeing in the workplace. The unit assists employees to recover and return to work as fast as possible reducing the impact on the individual and the workplace. The Unit is focused on supporting employee health so they can continue educational services and programs while case managing personal injury, long term absence due to health and workers compensation in accordance with the relevant legislation. The Unit works collaboratively with all relevant areas across the department and with external stakeholders including the Departments fund manager and icare Insurance for NSW.
About the Role
We are looking for individuals who can deliver claims management and administration services for workers compensation claims in accordance with the relevant legislation. The role will make sound decisions regarding claims management strategies to support the recovery at work of staff and reduce the cost of workplace absence. The role maintains relationships with its customers and to deliver timely, effective claims management services and advice to minimise the impact and administrative burden of workers compensation claims.
Its an exciting environment where no two days are the same. But on a typical day you might find yourself:
- Deliver tailored claims management services including processing of payments, reconciliation, reimbursement schedules, payroll and leave management that minimises the impact and administrative burden of workers compensation claims on workplace operations and educational continuity.
- Maintain compliance with both workers compensation and injury management legislation and departmental policies and procedures to improve claims and work health and safety performance.
- Make soundly based decisions and provide advice to staff that have sustained workplace injuries in accordance with legislative and operational processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external agencies to ensure effective claims and injury management.
- Prepare and coordinate reports on the progress and status of workers compensation claims including in response to correspondence.
How to apply
The NSW Department of Education is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We encourage diverse applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply for roles in the department.
To apply for this role, please submit an application by clicking Apply Online below. To apply, you will need to attach a cover letter (max. 2 pages) and your resume (max. 5 pages) in either Word or PDF format. Please address any pre-screening questions and any essential requirements. We are looking for you to demonstrate your competence in the focus capabilities as outlined in the role descriptionin your answer, so please develop your response with this in mind.
Note: the selection process will include a range of assessment techniques to assist in determining your suitability for the role.
If you are called to interview you will need to provide the following documents and your employment may be subject to the Departments Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check to determine your suitability for employment
- Tell us about a time when you have tailored claims management services to deliver improved outcomes. Describe how you identified the need, what processes needed improvement and how this change minimised the impact on the customer. (maximum 300 words)
- Describe a situation when you have needed communicate with a stakeholder about complex workers compensation and injury management legislation, andor departmental policies and procedures that was perceived by the stakeholder as negatively impacting on them. How did you ensure your advice was understood and accepted by the stakeholder (maximum 300 words)
Note: A recruitment pool may be created through this recruitment process. A recruitment pool is a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role or similar roles, and who may be considered for a range of similar roles, including temporary, term or ongoing roles, over the next 18 months.