Wesley Home & Residential Care
- permanent full-time
- based in Ashfield
- competitive remuneration package (with generous salary packaging)
- training opportunities
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education and health services.
Our Vision is Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.
Wesley Home and Residential Care assists aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives, encouraging those supported to maintain independence and achieve their unique social, physical and spiritual needs.
About the role
Accounts and Administration assistants provide effective administrative support to the Wesley Home and Residential Care (HRC) portfolio by assisting stakeholders with administrative and accounting functions. The role is positioned within the Client Business Centre (CBC), located in Ashfield. The role encompasses daily tasks associated with full-function accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations as well as general office duties whilst dealing with clients, management and staff.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- provide effective administrative support to the Wesley Home and Residential Care team
- ensure the administrative activities of Wesley Home and Residential Care are operated effectively and efficiently, and provide a quality service
- undertake administrative tasks associated with accounts payable and accounts receivable
- liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth processing and reconciling
- updating and maintaining central templates and databases
- working with internal and external stakeholders
- administrative tasks associated with the delivery of services to ensure adherence to departmental and contractual guidelines
- support in ad hoc areas as per business requirements
To be successful in this position, candidates must be able to demonstrate the capability to meet the criteria outlined below:
- minimum of 4 years experience in a financial role
- tertiary degree in Business or Finance
- experience in Home Care and Disability sector highly advantageous
- exceptional reconciliation skills
- knowledge of PeopleSoft & CareLink systems
- demonstrated advanced Excel skills
- strong analytical skills
- ability to identify improvement measures
- proven ability to meet tight deadlines and reporting requirements
- high-level organisational skills
- demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- understanding of working within policies, procedures guidelines
- strong ability to professionally communicate clearly using verbal, written and electronic mediums to liaise with a wide range of people in different capacities
- knowledge/understanding of organisational quality management systems
- not-for-profit or cause related experience
- prior work experience with Community Services or NDIS
A competitive remuneration package, including salary packaging, is available.
Monday 22 June 2020, by 5pm.
Suitable applicants will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values.
using the subject line Accounts & Administration Assistant June 2020.
Only applicants who most closely address the selection criteria will be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number).Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.