1 x Temporary Full Time role until October 2020
BE in a career you love with TAFE NSW
TAFE NSW is the largest skills and training provider in Australia, and one of the largest in the world. We strive to deliver relevant, high quality, practical and creative training designed to equip the workforce of tomorrow, and to grow the NSW economy.
We are seeking experienced and qualified candidates who share the TAFE NSW Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Customer First values, and who will contribute to our commitment towards building an innovative culture.
The Clerical Officer - Aboriginal for TAFE Digital Aboriginal Education and Training unit is responsible for providing a range of administration duties including supporting key activities, responding to telephone enquiries from both students and teachers all while providing administrative support and assistance to TAFE Digital Aboriginal Education & Training Unit to support a culture of excellence in customer service.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to staff and external clients provided to Aboriginal students.
- Respond to telephone enquiries regarding courses, enrolments, student progress, exam requirements and specialised support services.
- Organise and direct room bookings, catering and travel appointments for team meetings, functions and other activities.
- Provide reasonable adjustment assistance.
- Develop routine correspondence and documentation supporting operations of Aboriginal Education & Training.
- Assist Disability Consultants, counsellors and Aboriginal Manager with the modification and customisation of learning materials.
To succeed in this role you will have the following:
- Applicants for this position must be of Aboriginal descent by parentage, identify as being Aboriginal and be accepted in the community as such. An applicant's race is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under Section 14(d) of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
- Demonstrated organisational and analytical skills and ability to interpret and apply a broad range of policies and procedures.
- Capability to utilise a range of corporate applications, Office 365 and customer management structures to support quality service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sensitivity to, the needs of people from a range of backgrounds including Aboriginal students, students with a diverse range of cultural and language backgrounds and students with disabilities.
If you have the desire to have a key impact on TAFE NSWs future state in a role that will give you genuine opportunities to extend your professional career, please apply below.
For full details about the role review the Position Description and the Information Package
How to Apply
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Attach a cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the position
Closing Date: Thursday 25 June 2020at 11:59pm
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need both in the interview process and on the job.