Balance lifes priorities 35-hour week with flexible work hours, We are committed to your professional development, Join a supportive team environment with a customer and safety focus.
Permanent, Full Time
- Balance lifes priorities 35-hour week with flexible work hours
- We are committed to your professional development
- Join a supportive team environment with a customer and safety focus
Join a high performing team who provide customer excellence through outstanding people, service, delivery and products!
LET'S EXPLORE THE JOB
Council invites applications from customer focused individuals to apply for the role of Plant and Fleet Officer.
You will join a dynamic team who are the first point of contact for our customers within this service delivery area of Council. You will be responsible for the delivery of our annual plant replacement program for our light vehicles. This role is well positioned to enhance our customers experience and take their customer journey to the next level.
Reporting to the Senior Plant and Fleet Officer, you will:
- Assist the Senior Plant and Fleet Officer and Plant and Fleet Coordinator deliver the Annual Plant and Fleet Replacement Program for their respective area
- Consult with our customers of Plant and Fleet to establish operational requirements
- Engage with equipment suppliers to identify appropriate equipment to meet current and evolving operational needs
- Prepare pre-purchase risk assessments, specifications and quotation documentation for Plant and Fleet acquisitions for approval
- Set reserve prices for auction equipment and negotiate final sale prices below reserve
- Administer Plant and Fleet registration/CTP requirements including annual bulk renewals
Please note: A full list of accountabilities is located within the attached Position Statement
LET'S DESCRIBE YOU
You will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be highly organised and have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and changing environment where every workday is different. Your strong interpersonal skills and the ability to understand the perspective of our customers whilst meeting regulatory requirements will see you excel in this role.
Specifically, you will have:
- Certificate IV level tertiary qualifications in an automotive, mechanical, Work Health and Safety, business field, or relevant experience
- Experience in fleet management/ plant and fleet replacement, or a related field
- Proven competency to undertake replacement projects incorporating interpretation and application of regulations and Australian Standards applicable to the projects undertaken
- Understanding of risk management principals
- Demonstrated research, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and quotation documentation
LET'S REVEAL THE PERKS
- Salary $64,630 - $78,129 per year plus 12% superannuation
- Long service leave after 5 years
- Corporate fitness and wellbeing programs
- PPE supplied
- Training and development programs
- Education Assistance
- Dynamic and empowering Management
LET'S TALK ABOUT US
When you join us, you are not part of an organisation; you are part of a future that more than 205,000 Lake Macquarie residents depend on every day. To work here is to be connected. To be part of a true community who value creativity and collaboration, wellbeing and sustainability, opportunity and diversity. Together, we believe in shaping our own future - not waiting for it.
Lake Macquarie City Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe that a diverse network of employees, which truly reflects the people it serves and represents, is best equipped to understand and meet the needs of our community.
- Applications close: Midnight, Monday, 29 June 2020
- To view the full position statement and for lodgement of applications please click apply which will direct you to Lake Macquaries Career Page.
- For more information on the position, please contact Glen Hattander, Downie, Senior Plant and Fleet Officer
- If you require assistance with submitting your application, please contact Georgina Green, Resourcing Officer,
- Please note that as part of Lake Macquarie City Councils recruitment process, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates may be subject to a medical assessment with Councils doctor.
- After the close date, a panel will assess all applications for suitability against the essential criteria for the position. Once completed, an interview, skills assessment or task and reference checks may be undertaken. All candidates will be notified of the outcome via the email address you supply as part of your application.