Balance Life's Priorities and work 28 hours per week, Live the enviable coastal lifestyle enjoyed by so many of our staff, Community Engagement role interact with a diverse team in a lively environment.
Term Contract - 6 Months - 28 hours per week
Contribute to the enhancement, maintenance and preservation of our Natural Areas
- Balance Life's Priorities and work 28 hours per week
- Live the enviable coastal lifestyle enjoyed by so many of our staff
- Community Engagement role interact with a diverse team in a lively environment
LETS EXPLORE THE JOB
This is your opportunity to join our Landcare Team and provide high level advice and direction supporting our Landcare groups with on-ground works, project planning and training. You will support Councils environmental management programs by building strong relationships with community volunteers through Councils Landcare program.
Reporting to the Landcare Coordinator your key focus areas are;
- Provide advice and guidance to Lake Macquaries volunteer Landcare groups with project planning, implementation and monitoring of works
- Develop and execute Landcare Site Assessments and Agreed Action Plans for Landcare sites for approval by Landcare Coordinator
- Undertake ongoing assessments of Landcare sites and provide recommendations to achieve best environmental outcomes
- Assist Landcare groups plan and deliver routine works on Landcare sites to support volunteer activities
- Identify and report any compliance issues and escalate as required
Please note: A full list of accountabilities is located within the attached Position Statement.
LETS DESCRIBE YOU
Our ideal candidate is a technical expert within Conservation and Land Management on the ground works and has experience in people management. You have a strong understanding of the role of our community in natural area management and use your strong communication skills and leadership experience to engage volunteers to achieve best practice environmental outcomes.
Specifically, you will have:
- Certificate IV Conservation and Land Management (or similar qualification) or equivalent practical experience in this field
- Demonstrated practical experience in conservation and land management
- Skilled in negotiation and the end-to-end resolution of problems and issues
- Proven ability to supervise program volunteers in conservation and land management activities
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to deal with competing demands
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to understand the perspective of all stakeholders
LETS REVEAL THE PERKS
- Salary from $33.25 to $35.79 per hour plus 12% Superannuation
- 28 hour working week
- Training and development opportunities
- PPE Supplied
- Generous corporate fitness, wellbeing, and employee assistance program (EAP)
- Enjoy a balance of office based and field work
LETS TALK ABOUT US
At Lake Macquarie, we encourage our people to lead at all levels, work together and shape our future. To work here is to be connected. To be part of a true community who value creativity and collaboration, wellbeing and sustainability, opportunity and diversity. Together, we believe in shaping our own future - not waiting for it.
Lake Macquarie City Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe that a diverse network of employees, which truly reflects the people it serves and represents, is best equipped to understand and meet the needs of our community.
Applications close: Midnight Sunday 28 June 2020
- Please note that as part of Lake Macquarie City Councils recruitment process, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates may be subject to a medical assessment with Councils doctor.
- After the close date, a panel will assess all applications for suitability against the essential criteria for the position. Once completed, an interview, skills assessment or task and reference checks may be undertaken. All candidates will be notified of the outcome via the email address you supply as part of your application.