South Gippsland offers welcoming townships, friendly communities and colourful landscapes. You can enjoy green rolling hills, wind-swept beaches and the world-famous Wilsons Prom, right on your doorstep. South Gippslanders enjoy the beauty and freedom of country living with easy access to Melbourne.
As an our organisation we pride ourselves on sustaining a close-knit workplace with principled leadership. Our residents expect their services to be delivered efficiently and with minimal fuss. We aim to meet and exceed these expectations. We seek like-minded colleagues to join our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Full Time
- Work from Leongatha & Foster
- Band 3 + Industry Allowance - commences $59,397.52 annual salary
Operations team members assist across any area of maintenance and construction where work priorities demand, helping to achieve the overall Operations Department Objectives. As a team member, you will be working across all facets, this could include but not be limited to:
- Construction and maintenance of Sealed and unsealed roads
- Maintenance of roadside vegetation
- Traffic Management
- After hours emergency response
- Upkeep and improvements of other council assets
The role will be based primarily from either the Foster or Leongatha depot, however you will be required to work from either location to meet the needs of the communities we serve. Early morning starts are a must with most mornings commencing at 7.00am with the flexibility to commence from 6.00am on occasions. The role is full time, with work finished at 4pm on most days to allow for a fortnightly RDO. Emergency response to events such as storms may be required to make immediate repairs to damage.
This role is remunerated as Band 3 + Industry Allowance with a starting salary of $59,397.52 with annual increases.
Further details are contained in the position description available here..
You will have relevant experience in construction, ideally with some tickets for operation of plant and equipment such as excavators, front end loaders, graders and similar, or show a real interest in gaining this in the near future. You will be prepared to work from either depot location - Foster and Leongatha as the requirements of the work dictate. Construction Industry Red or White Card together with a current manual drivers licence are mandatory - the carrying of a current Medium or Heavy Rigid truck licence will help you stand out. Attitude is the most important aspect you will bring, the current team takes great pride in their work and perform to their best ability, show us through your application that you will enhance this within the team.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH US!
- Work-life balance with flexible working arrangements
- Rostered Days Off offered for full time roles
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Diversity and inclusiveness, flexibility and a satisfying work environment
- Enjoy a variety of changing health and well-being programs and initiatives including flu vaccinations, health checks and Social Club
- Diverse range of exciting career paths in full time, part time or casual positions
- Mentoring, coaching and secondments
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Annual Enterprise Agreement salary increments
Please submit your application by filling out your details in the following fields and addressing the questions below. This is an opportunity to demonstrate your potential and set your application apart from the rest! You must answer your questions in the fields below, please do not attach them in a separate document, doing so may affect the progression of your application. You will also be required to upload two documents, your resume and cover letter.
Your application will be reviewed after the closing date and we will be in contact via email regarding your progress. Please ensure you check your Spam Folder.
All preferred candidates will be required to complete relevant background checks (including but not limited to police checks, reference checks, medical checks and psychometric testing) prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed.
The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates; however will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.
Applications close 9.00am Thursday 11 June 2020.