Permanent full time!, Immediate start!, Great benefits!.
Roster: 5:2 or 8:6 (option available)
Residential: Kalgoorlie / Boulder
Norton Gold Fields is seeking an experienced Underground Geotechnical Engineer, for their Underground operations. As an employer of choice with a clear growth strategy, Norton Gold Fields provides career opportunities that benefit you and the local community. At Norton we pride ourselves on our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Innovation, Performance Driven, and Efficiency.
As the Geotechnical Engineer, you will be responsible for providing geotechnical support to ensure the mine development and production activities and all active mine areas remain at an acceptable level of risk from geotechnical hazards to enable the business to meet its long and short term targets in terms of production and cost.
The Key Tasks of the role include:
- Regular geotechnical inspections of working operations.
- Create, maintain and review Ground Control Management Plans for each operation.
- Ensure adherence to Ground Control Management Plan.
- Monitor and manage open pit and underground access stability.
- Provide geotechnical information to and liaise with other personnel to ensure optimal extraction of the ore while conforming with legislated geotechnical requirements.
- Keep operators and staff up to date with ground awareness training.
- Geotechnical assessment of open pit and underground designs.
- Maintain strong working relationships between technical and operational staff.
- Train, supervise and mentor junior engineers to further career development.
- Any other duties as required
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- Current unrestricted "C" Class WA Manual Drivers Licence.
- Satisfactory NPC clearance.
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- Experience with Surpac mining software (desirable)
- Affiliation to a Professional Body / Organisation (AusIMM /AIG) (desirable)
Benefits working with Norton Gold Fields:
- Residential roles and lifestyle friendly rosters which affords the opportunity to balance family, work and community.
- Competitive salary, rewarding your skills and experience.
- Private health insurance for you and your family.
- Optional TPD insurance.
- Salary sacrificing options for housing, motor vehicles and superannuation.
- Discounted Corporate Gym memberships with several local fitness centres.
How to Apply:
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd promotes diversity in our workforce and encourages all applicants, including women, indigenous and multi-cultural backgrounds to apply.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the closing date, unsolicited CV's from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd (Norton or "the Company") is one of Australia's largest domestic gold producers, with annual production of more than 178,000 ounces. The Company has a mining and processing complex in Western Australia's world-class Kalgoorlie gold region, including a highly prospective tenement package of 1,092km surrounding the 3.3Mtpa Paddington Mill.
Norton is well positioned in growing the business with the strong support from its parent company Zijin Mining Group Co., Limited.