Niclin Group is a privately-owned construction company specialising in design and construction or construction only projects. We have extensive experience across: Industrial, Commercial, Retail, Health, Education in Queensland. We operate on the principle that quality projects are built on transparency and communication. Our purpose is to be known for the best experience experiences we create for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
You have a unique strength for creating HSE outcomes by creating trusting relationships. You are a confident professional, able to hold your own in tough situations, while appreciating the need to take others on the journey. You are known for influencing others to achieve outcomes, and you can balance this appropriately with the need to get your hands dirty as the situation requires. You have sufficient credibility from your experience in construction and can apply this wisely to complement the expertise of our site-based teams.
Regardless of what is going on in your life, you always do the right thing, challenge yourself, stick to your word, think differently, find solutions, and look after your teammates.
This role is initially a part time role of around 2 days per week (pro rata annual salary). We anticipate that there will be the opportunity to grow into a full-time role in line with our project pipeline.
As a Health, Safety & Environment Coordinator with Niclin, you will have the opportunity to:
- Directly influence site safety through your relationships with our site-based teams and subcontractors
- Champion our culture of safety, building on our strengths and seeking opportunities to improve
- Maintain and guide our team through any accreditation or compliance requirements
- Coordinate any HSE reporting and manage any relevant accreditation's, systems and processes
- Perform safety audits and inspections to identify any hazards and corrective actions
- Coach our team around improvement opportunities, creating learning moments rather than directing
- Be a trusted partner to our team who will want to actively engage with you seek your support
- Simplify our systems and processes to ensure our focus is on outcomes over paperwork
- Travel to project sites on a regular weekly basis to ensure safety awareness and profile
On the first day we expect you to have:
- Complete alignment with our values (this is non-negotiable, we will not budge on this one!)
- Experience in a similar role, in the construction, industrial or other like sector
- Ability to work independently and confidence to act without the need for constant oversight
- Ability to hit the ground running and build great relationships quickly
- Formal qualifications in occupational health and safety (Diploma level or above)
The experience we can offer you in return for your expertise:
- A values driven culture, unique in the construction industry
- Modern working environment, that is easy to get to and offers onsite parking
- Commitment to supporting you grow personally and professionally
- Access to a health and wellness program, including regular massages, healthy snacks, and annual $300 fitness reimbursement
- Regular social events and opportunities to connect with your teammates
- An extra day off for your birthday!
If you feel that you are our next champion team member, send us a copy of your CV with a brief covering letter outlining the expertise and character that you will be able to bring to our team this is most important to us, applicants who do not take the time to submit a covering letter will not be considered further.
Applications close on close of business Friday 19 June 2020