Are you keen to further develop your civil construction experience, Permanent full-time role 38 hours per week., Flexible work arrangements available, including a 9-day fortnight..
Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking an experienced Plant Operator to support our Road Maintenance team within our Civil Construction & Maintenance service unit, comprising 180+ civil construction professionals who work hard to deliver our Capital Works Program for the benefit of the community.
As the successful candidate youll operate a broad range of plant and carry out general civil labouring duties, supporting the efficient and effective construction and maintenance of civil infrastructure and other municipal works, including, but not limited to, road pavement construction, concrete works, asphalt works, drainage works and vegetation control. Safety, workmanship and teamwork are paramount when undertaking daily activities.
Among other duties, youll be responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient and productive operation of allocated plant and motor vehicles including conducting routine servicing, safety checks and arranging mechanical repairs as required, maintaining the health and safety of self, fellow workers and the general public during the execution of works, working collaboratively as part of a team, and completing allocated works on time and within budget.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials youll need:
- Previous experience in civil infrastructure and municipal works
- Plant operating experience in Skid Steer, Backhoe and Excavator with a requirement to operate all variants of plant
- General WHS Induction Training for Construction Industry (White Card).
- Working knowledge of relevant Workplace Health and Safety requirements
- Class HR Drivers License or a Class MR Drivers Licence and preparedness to obtain a HR Drivers Licence within the probationary period at your own cost
- Ability to interpret construction plans, standards and related documentation and set out minor works
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and perform allocated duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to accept, interpret and action verbal and written instruction.
- Literacy and numeracy skills adequate to meet the requirements of the position
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combination Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence.
- Traffic Control accreditation
- Safe Work Near Power Lines accreditation
- Skills and knowledge in the following municipal works:
- The construction and maintenance of road pavements including sub grade, sub-base and base preparation.
- Concrete works including erection of formwork, reinforcement fixing and concrete finishing of both poured and extruded concrete.
- Asphaltic concrete works including the preparation for and placement of both hand and machine laid asphalt.
- The construction and maintenance of storm water drainage systems.
- Desirable skills, knowledge, and qualities
Sound like the perfect job for you Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday, 17 June 2020.
Remuneration: $59,123.51 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 38-hour week.