Permanent Opportunity, Fast paced and challenging role, Based - Inverell, New South Wales.
Located 5 km from the beautiful regional town of Inverell, NSW, Bindaree Food Group (BFG) is an integrated supply chain business delivering global meat solutions and has solidified its position as a prominent leader in the Australian meat industry. People are our greatest asset and health and safety is put first.
Building on our current team structure, we are currently seeking two (2) experienced and pro-active Assistant Managers for our day and night shift Boning Room Teams. Reporting to the Boning Room Manager, the successful candidate/s will be an integral part of our Production structure and will collaborate closely with senior leaders, quality, and the maintenance and production teams. You will primarily be responsible for managing the Boning Room shift's day to day operations through delivering a safe and sustainable, best practice business that contributes to the achievements of the overall operational objectives including: employee safety, revenue maximisation, cost control, employee turnover, training and development, quality assurance and customer service.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing strong leadership to the Boning Room team;
- Leading a positive safety culture;
- Building positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Delivering a high degree of quality and compliance;
- Ensuring an engaged and productive workforce;
- Ensuring the days operations are planned and executed efficiency and effectively;
- Participating in ongoing continuous improvement initiatives.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Experience in a similar leadership role within the industry;
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact and collaborate with people at all levels, and build and maintain valuable relationships;
- Demonstrated a commitment to customer service with strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Sound technical knowledge of meat processing, product presentation and extensive food safety knowledge;
- Be dependable and reliable, having the ability to work a flexible schedule;
- Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to perform under pressure, prioritise and handle multiple tasks and adapt to change when necessary.
We are looking for an applicant with a positive and motivated nature, and to be able to positively promote and instill Company values aligned to Company expectations.
This opportunity will allow you to work with some of the best in the industry and includes a varied role with excellent opportunities to develop. An attractive remuneration, based on skills and experience, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Relocation assistance will also be offered where required.
Please note, applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis and therefore we encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity. Applicants must have valid working rights and be willing to provide a current national police check.