Retail financial planning and analysis focus, Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, Negotiable salary depending on experience.
Hilco Merchant Resources is the retail solutions division of Hilco Global. We partner with retailers and their advisors to help deal with unwanted merchandise and stores. We plan, coordinate and execute store closing and clearance sales.
Since entering the Australian and New Zealand market in 2011, Hilco Merchant Resources has helped over 25 retailers, across nearly 40 projects, to develop and implement financial, promotional and operational plans for various sale formats. As you can imagine, demand for our services is growing and were excited to add a motivated Financial Analyst to our team!
This role offers a diverse combination of financial modelling, commercial analysis and consulting. You will leverage your financial knowledge to develop forecasts, provide financial analysis and offer recommendations across our projects and the organisation.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations in Australia and New Zealand, this is a broad retail inventory focused role, where you will have the opportunity to directly influence the course of client projects through data-based decision making and budgeting. This role will also work closely with the senior financial and operational teams of retailers, our clients and their advisors.
This role will suit an experienced Accountant, Financial Analyst or Retail Merchandise Planner with strong analysis and forecasting skills the main purpose of the role being to develop forecast models and monitor performance against these on our retail projects.
This will prove to be an outstanding opportunity for a motivated financial analyst to thrive in a fast moving, consulting environment.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Performing project-based analysis and forecast modelling to inform recommendations and investment decisions
- Working closely with the targets employees, advisors, and representatives to extract required information to build investment and operating models for retail projects
- Ongoing monitoring of project performance against the initial investment model, and making recommendations regarding performance improvement
- Daily and weekly dashboard reporting to the client, the local operations team and the global leadership team
- Preparing proposal documents, reports, budgets and forecasts for various internal and external stakeholders
- Ad hoc financial and commercial project support
What were looking for:
The key attributes and skills required for this role are:
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills, with ability to make data led recommendations
- Strong forecast modelling experience, considering financial and non-financial information from various sources
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; existing knowledge of Microsoft Access is an advantage
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast-paced environment, whilst balancing competing interests
- Ability to take a proactive approach and think strategically
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively, as part of a dynamic team
- Exposure to the Retail sector is an advantage
- Eligibility to work in Australia