Vibrant College environment, Supportive team culture, Exciting work variety.
Sacred Heart College is a Catholic co-educational Year 7-12 College located on the coast in Sorrento, Western Australia. The College has approximately 1400 students and 180 staff. The College has established an outstanding reputation for excellence based on consistent outstanding achievements in our Four Pillars spiritual, academic, cultural and sport.
Our College prides itself on the quality of our pastoral care. We strive to ensure that each student is well known and cared for. Each student is encouraged to discover and develop their interests and talents to become the best they can be.
Sacred Heart is a College of innovation and excellence. Our staff educate through our motto of Always Striving Upwards, and in doing so has further enriched the College.
We are seeking a Full time, permanent experienced Administration Officer The Arts, to join our College. Start date immediate or to be agreed.
About the role: This role reports to the Finance and Administration Manager but daily work is distributed by the Arts Department. The Arts Department is comprised of Preforming Arts, Music, Media, Art, and Visual Arts. This role primarily provides effective and efficient support to the Music program and the Performing Arts program. However, this role also provides support to all the Art faculties.
Responsibilities as an Administrative Officer The Arts:
- Create timetable for music/instrumental/vocal students in conjunction with music tutors. Adjust student music timetables when required.
- First point of contact for music tutors and music instrumental/vocal students.
- Organise rooms for lessons where required.
- In collaboration with Head of Music organise and minute instrumental meetings.
- Processing of timesheets submitted by music tutors for payroll.
- Ensure all relevant data and details are collected for payments of music tutors.
- Ensure the Finance department receive accurate information to pay tutors
Events and Performances: The College produces and participates in many events such as: whole school productions, Catholic Performing arts and the Arts exhibition to name a few. There are many overlapping tasks such as:
- Liaising with parents to arrange payments for ticketing.
- Coordinating the rehearsal schedule.
- Coordinating volunteers for the events
- Coordinating prizes for prize winners
- Receptionist duties for the Arts department located in the RNDM foyer.
- Coordinate the employment process of new music tutor contracts and associated paperwork for new music tutors.
What we are seeking:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Effectively prioritise whilst meeting set time frames.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. Work systematically to achieve objectives.
- Build relationships across the College.
- Show initiative and willingness to be proactive and self-directed.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all communications and workflow.
- Effectively use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams. Familiarity with timetabling packages.
- Willingness to support College values of Respect, Courage and Compassion.
- Reflect College values Catholic Ethos and models this in all decision making.
- Experience and or qualifications in Professional Administration.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with school Timetabling (music tutors) Maze, SEQTA, Microsoft Teams and Consent2go.
Applications close: 4pm Monday, 15 June 2020. Please provide a covering letter and CV highlighting your suitability for this role.
The way we give back to our people: Sacred Heart College gives back generously to our employees with offers on many benefits such as our own wellness program, corporate healthcare rates, onsite weights and fitness studio and a very active social club.
Sacred Heart College prides itself of living the motto of Always Striving Upwards our three key values of Courage, Compassion and Respect encompass what it means to be part of the Sacred Heart community.
The successful applicant must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education. A current Working with Children Check or evidence of application lodgement being made, and a National Police Clearance are mandatory prior to commencement.
Sacred Heart College is a smoke free environment