Your part in a changing world
At QBE, were driven by our purpose to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions.
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employee a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.
Our Business Improvement team is growing and we are looking for someone to join us during an exciting period of customer, operational and process transformation. As such we have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Improvement Manager to join the team in our either our Park Street or our Parramatta office.
This is a pivotal role partnering with our business units stakeholders to identify and implement business improvement initiatives to improve customer outcomes
Your story so far
As the successful candidate, you bring unique insights and perspective to redesign processes for improved customer and operational outcomes. You have the ability to creatively solve complex problems with innovative solutions
- Thrive on understanding and solving complex customer and business problems and have the ability to think outside the box to find creative solutions to problems
- Are curious with excellent analytical skills and a high attention to detail which allows you to be able to understand end-to-end business processes and come up with ideas for improvement
- Extensive experience in a Business Improvement role leading and managing Business Improvement initiatives (you may bring this experience from different industries or sectors and if so we recognise the unique perspective youll bring with this)
- Are passionate about business process re-engineering, process analysis, customer continuous improvement and efficiency and how youve used these skills to drive improved outcomes
- Have the ability to get up to speed quickly and use your love of learning and curiosity to understand problems and processes efficiently
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake a structured approach to process improvement to enable better customer and business outcomes, improving efficiency and creating an improved customer experience
- Discover, analyse, measure and document current and future state processes to understand root causes of issues
- Initiate, facilitate and recommend improvements creatively solving problems and considering innovative solutions
- Actively working with employees, leaders, customers and other stakeholders to understand, measure, implement and changes to processes, roles and operations
- Ensuring data-driven recommendations analysing customer and operational data and measuring the impact of recommended changes
We are here to support you
We are proud to have been Voted #5 in the 2019 Top 20 Australian Workplaces for New Dads - HBF Direct Advice for Dads and we achieved Gold employer status in the 2019 Australian LGBTI Inclusion Awards.
We also offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance.
As a QBE employee, we will offer you:
- Up to 12% in superannuation
- [email protected] leave to enhance your work/life integration
- Our At My Best wellbeing program, which includes a free 12-month subscription to Headspace
- Access to Share the Care 12 weeks flexible leave for new parents inclusive of paid superannuation
- Income protection insurance and reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Access to REACH My Best - free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, financial and legal advice and confidential counselling
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services
- Benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners such as free and discounted tickets.
Click APPLY to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are.