Join a growing and successful, multi-generational family business, Create and lead a world-class processing and value-adding facility, Work with owners genuinely walking the talk on values and culture.
About the Company
Our client is a second-generation, family-owned and operated agribusiness established in 1958 by the Steinhardt family. There are currently two trading entities:
- Macadamias Australia, which supplies macadamia kernel to some of the worlds largest food manufacturers, as well as the snack, bakery, ingredient, retail and confectionary industry sectors; and
- Farmfresh Fine Foods, a food technology and manufacturing company leading the development of innovative, customised vegetable solutions for Australian and international industrial and foodservice markets.
In 2004 the business planted its first macadamias, and Macadamias Australia now maintains more than 200,000 trees and harvests about 2,000 tonnes of nut-in-shell each year.
Notwithstanding its proud history, the family is firmly focused on the future, seeking to grow organically and via commercial partnerships, improving processes and systems, and investing in technology, plant and people.
Central to this future is construction of a new, world-class facility, comprising a cracking plant, value-adding processing operation and a tourism component, which is due for completion in the next few months. This initiative positions Macadamias Australia uniquely in the Australian market as the only vertically integrated business with growing and processing operations under single ownership.
About the Role:
This is a truly unique role, reporting to the Macadamias Australia Executive and with an overarching brief of creating and operating a profitable macadamia processing and value-adding facility.
Construction of the building housing the operation is complete, as is selection of processing plant and equipment. You will commission the plant, and then manage all aspects of macadamia processing and supply chain operations, from receipt of raw materials to finished product, achieving production and quality target outcomes within allocated budgets.
In doing so, you will work alongside a committed leadership team made up of members of the Steinhardt family, together with experienced non-family executives.
- You hold tertiary qualifications in process engineering, food science and technology, or other fields specifically aligned to the role.
- You have deep experience in successfully leading food manufacturing or processing operations.
- You can demonstrate practical experience in working to Quality Management, HACCP, and related statutory/operational standards and protocols.
- You have demonstrated experience in working with ERP/MRP systems
- Ideally, you have experience in family-owned and/or privately-held businesses.
While experience in the macadamia nut industry would be ideal, a background in a similar role in a dry processing environment, value-adding of other raw product and first stage processing could be equally relevant. Along with your technical competency, the ability to lead and communicate in a manner that upholds our company values that We care about: People, Innovation, Quality and Integrity is critical for this role.
At a personal level, you are excited at the opportunity to build and lead a truly remarkable operation, make a tangible, positive impact on a business and the community.