Department of Communities and Justice
Corrective Services NSW
Senior Overseer, CSI - Trade Supervisor Community Projects Ongoing, Full Time Goulburn Correctional Centre
- Senior Overseer, CSI - Trade Supervisor Community Projects Ongoing, Full Time Goulburn Correctional Centre
- Full Time (5 Day)
- $105,451. Package includes salary ($89,855), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
The Department of Justice delivers legal, court and supervision services to the people of NSW by managing courts and justice services, implementing programs to reduce crime and re offending, managing custodial and community-based correctional services, protecting rights and community standards and advising on law reform and legal matters.
Corrective Services NSW employs trade Overseers, Senior Overseers and Managers in Corrective Services Industries (CSI) providing inmates in correctional centres with vocational training in service and commercial industries to improve their employment opportunities when they are released from custody. Employment is a proven factor in reducing the risk of re-offending.
About the role:
- Supervise and develop inmates through managing, coaching, instructing and encouraging them, as members of a team, in order that they may improve their work skills, enhance their post-release employment prospects and contribute productively to Service Unit objectives.
- Oversee the activities of the team to ensure productivity, efficiency and other commercial objectives are achieved, and that quality, safety and customer requirements are met.
- Current Certificate III in Correctional Practice or capacity to complete Certificate III in Correctional Practice in accordance with specified CSNSW timeframes
- Current drivers licence and preparedness to drive a vehicle in the course of performing the role
- Minimum Certificate III trade qualification and proven experience in either mechanics, grounds maintenance or landscaping - Other trades with proven experience and skills will be considered
The ideal candidate for this role will meet the Essential Requirements above and be able to:
- Prove post trade experience
- Supervise, coach, train, instruct and work with inmates to develop their work skills in order to enhance their post-release employment opportunities, thereby reducing their risk of re-offending
- Provide a positive role model and demonstrate personal values, such as honesty, ethics and integrity which support CSI and social values
- Positively contribute to the service unit operations through the delivery of work related inmate training, including the possible implementation of Inmate Traineeships
- Provide detailed input to case management reporting through the Work Readiness Program.
- Manage resources efficiently and effectively to achieve planned outcomes
- Create and maintain a safe working environment for staff, contractors, inmates and visitors to comply with Work Health & Safety legislation
Click here to download the role description.
When applying you will need to:
- Attach a resume (maximum 5 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining how you meet the requirements and capabilities of this role as specified in the role description.
Closing date: 5th April 2020
A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 12 months.
The Department of Justice is committed to building a workplace that values and supports diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The Department encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call or email the contact person listed below, and also advise us of your preferred method of communication.