Competitive salary and great employee benefits package!, Permanent full-time role!, Immediate start!.
Location: Town Office
Residential: Kalgoorlie / Boulder
Norton Gold Fields is seeking an experienced Open Pit Technical Planning Superintendent. As an employer of choice with a clear growth strategy, Norton Gold Fields provides career opportunities that benefit you and the local community. At Norton we pride ourselves on our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Innovation, Performance Driven, and Efficiency.
Working closely with our General Manager - Projects, you will be responsible for the Refractory / Low Grade Projects long term planning, projects evaluation and development. Duties include OP scope study, prefeasibility study, feasibility study, infrastructure and pit design, LOM scheduling and cost analysis and OP projects management.
The Key Tasks of the role include:
- Preparation of long term/project scheduling and OP project scoping, prefeasibility and feasibility study.
- Produce practical mine designs for long term projects including the type of infrastructure and development required.
- Review applications of different mining methods and assess the impact of the economic viability of the project. Provide recommendations where required.
- Develop and complete business case proposals from start to finish. This includes data collation, report preparation and obtaining approvals where required.
- Assist with the preparation of budget plans.
- Review and maintain cost models, updating with actual costs.
- Mine optimisation & identifying business improvement opportunities, including future operations and processes.
- Report and update Ore Reserve of Open Pits
- Support and manage projects and deliver them to key mine operations personnel.
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelor degree in Mining Engineering (Mandatory)
- Quarry Managers Certificate (Desirable)
- Mandarin speaking / writing skills (Desirable)
- Current unencumbered C/HR Western Australian Drivers Licence (Essential)
- Senior First Aid (Desirable)
- Experience in use of Surpac and Minesched (Preferred but not essential)
- Minimum 5 years experience relevant in Australian Open Pit Mining Operations
Benefits working with Norton Gold Fields:
- Residential roles and lifestyle friendly rosters which affords the opportunity to balance family, work and community.
- Competitive salary, rewarding your skills and experience.
- Quarterly Short Term Incentive bonuses.
- Private health insurance or allowoance
- Optional TPD insurance or allowance
- Salary sacrificing options for housing, motor vehicles and superannuation.
- Discounted Corporate Gym memberships with several local fitness centres.
How to Apply
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd promotes diversity in our workforce and encourages all applicants, including women, indigenous and multi-cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the closing date, unsolicited CV's from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
The Paddington mining and exploration tenement package covers an area of 1,092 m. It is 100% owned and operated by Zijin Mining Co and is centered around the Paddington Mill which is located 35 km north-west of Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.