Competitive salary and great employee benefits package!, Permanent full-time role!, Immediate start!.
Location: Town Office
Residential: Kalgoorlie / Boulder
Norton Gold Fields is seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer. As an employer of choice with a clear growth strategy, Norton Gold Fields provides career opportunities that benefit you and the local community. At Norton we pride ourselves on our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Innovation, Performance Driven, and Efficiency.
Working closely with our General Manager - Projects, you will be responsible for the Refractory / Low Grade Projects, the Senior Electrical Engineer position is responsible for electrical & automation project with the evaluation, development, submission, management and execution of projects works throughout Low Grade and Refractory Projects. Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance of systems is maintained, system upgrades, changes, alterations are recorded and documented. Manage and supervise electrical project work as directed by the Superintendent and or manager.
The Key Tasks of the role include:
- Manage the electrical &automation project management for both Refractory Project and Low-grade Projects.
- Demonstrate strong Safety Leadership, participate/ lead incident investigations.
- Ensure all project works are in compliance with the Mines Safety and Inspection Act (1994) and Regulations.
- Ensure all projects works comply with the relevant industry and Australian Standards.
- Proactively Promote Company safety culture and standards.
- Oversee project detailed design, equipment selection, project scheduling and project construction and commissioning and sign off as required.
- Develop cost estimates, work scopes, ITPs, and commissioning plans for electrical projects/installations on site.
- Provide input into the project design, budget and forecast target are met.
- Maintain strong working relationships with suppliers / contractors and key stakeholders as required.
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or relevant discipline (majoring in electrical engineering)
- Masters Degree in relevant field (desirable)
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar role
- Construction support and commissioning in electrical installations
- Mandarin speaking / writing skills (desirable)
- Satisfactory NPC Clearance
- Current unrestricted C Class WA Manual Drivers Licence
- Experience in use of Surpac and Minesched (Preferred but not essential)
- Demonstrated leadership in a multi-functional work team environment
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques
Benefits working with Norton Gold Fields:
- Residential roles and lifestyle friendly rosters which affords the opportunity to balance family, work and community.
- Competitive salary, rewarding your skills and experience.
- Quarterly Short Term Incentive bonuses.
- Private health insurance or allowoance
- Optional TPD insurance or allowance
- Salary sacrificing options for housing, motor vehicles and superannuation.
- Discounted Corporate Gym memberships with several local fitness centres.
How to Apply
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd promotes diversity in our workforce and encourages all applicants, including women, indigenous and multi-cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the closing date, unsolicited CV's from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd (Norton or "the Company") is one of Australia's largest domestic gold producers, with annual production of more than 178,000 ounces. The Company has a mining and processing complex in Western Australia's world-class Kalgoorlie gold region, including a highly prospective tenement package of 1,092 km surrounding the 3.3 Mtpa Paddington Mill.
The Paddington mining and exploration tenement package covers an area of 1,092 m. It is 100% owned and operated by Zijin Mining Co and is centered around the Paddington Mill which is located 35 km north-west of Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.