Summary: New & exciting opportunity for a brand/social media specialist to grow La Trobe’s international communities to achieve the growth of prospective students
- Full time, Fixed term until Dec 30 (possible extension)
- $77,999 - $84,155 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
About the role
This role sits within the Social Media team, a part of the Digital Marketing and Customer Engagement Unit.
The International Social Media Community Coordinator role will assist in growing and nurturing La Trobe University’s various international social media communities across several key social media platforms. Day-to-day activities include creating, sourcing and curating content, engaging with prospective students to build understanding of their needs, engaging with new and current community users, and monitoring and reporting on relevant community engagement KPIs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify, create and tailor communication/content for various international audiences to improve and grow engagement across key social media channels
- Build La Trobe's reputation in international markets and strongly contribute to the delivery of outstanding customer service
- Build relationship with relevant internal and external stakeholders to source and share relevant content across owned and 3rd party social media channels
- Establish a professional network for colleagues responsible for managing international social media activities, including La Trobe International in-market colleagues and key partners
- Evaluate, measure and report on the performance of social engagement activities and share insights with internal stakeholders, especially the International Audience experience Manager
- Work as part of a friendly and high performing team on a diverse range of projects
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, media, marketing, public relations, professional writing, electronic publishing or another related field and/or knowledge, and/or training and experience appropriate to the provision of online content services
- Experience with building an understanding of audience and cohort specific communication preferences and styles, and the way that content can be adapted to meet these
- A can-do attitude, with the ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Experience in delivering exceptional customer service, preferably on social media or other online channels
- Experience working in a team that represents a brand or organisation on social media, planning and producing content tailored to specific channels
- Strong audience centric writing skills such as grammar, brand language guidelines, impactful engaging language etc
- A proven ability to seek out, understand and follow organisational policies and state and federal legislation relating to online privacy, copyright and behaviors, and the ability to apply these to representing the University online
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 29th March
Position Enquiries: Ryan O’Connell, Social Media Manager
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.