Department of Communities and Justice
Clerk Grade 9/10
The Department of Communities and Justice directly supports approximately 800,000 people every year and reaches a further million people through local community-based programs.
Housing Services is one of the largest providers of social housing in the world, providing a range of housing solutions to meet the needs of todays community.
In partnership with the community, industry and individuals we provide safe, decent and affordable housing opportunities for those most in need so that they can live with dignity, find support if needed and achieve sustainable futures.
About the opportunity
As a Housing Services Team Leader you will manage the day to day operations of a Client Service Team. You will contribute to the delivery of a broad range of housing solutions that ensure customers receive quality outcomes. You will be open to new and diverse experiences and your ability to manage key relationships and implement change will be pivotal to your success.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams within a high volume customer focused work environment
- Demonstrated experience and the ability to manage relationships across a wide variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with other service delivery teams to enhance the quality of service delivery and client outcomes
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated experience in delivering results and meeting KPIs
There is two (2) temporary roles available located in the South Western Sydney District, in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013.
A Talent Pool will also be created for Western Sydney Nepean Blue Mountains District and South Eastern Sydney, Northern Sydney & Sydney District to fill future ongoing and temporary roles if and as they arise.
What we can offer you
- Available Locations: Western Sydney, Nepean Blue Mountains, South Western Sydney, South Eastern Sydney, Northern Sydney and Sydney District.
- Clerk Grade 9/10
- Salary range $110,745 pa - $122,038 pa plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
- 4 weeks annual leave per year of service
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Flexible work practices
- Opportunities for learning and development and Internal career progression
How to Apply
For your application to be considered, please:
- Click on the Apply Online button at the bottom of this page
- Provide your personal information as prompted
- Attach your resume (4 pages maximum) in either Word or PDF format that sets out your work experience as relevant to the role.
- Attach a cover letter (2 pages maximum) in either Word or PDF format that details your experience as relevant to the role.
When preparing your resume and cover letter we are looking for you to demonstrate your competence in the Focus Capabilities as outlined in the Role Description, so please consider your responses with this in mind.
Part of the assessment process will include additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the new Government Sector Employment Act 2013; therefore you will be contacted to participate. You may also be asked to complete a Health Declaration Form in later stages of the assessment process.
Find out more
Click here to view the role description.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here
Closing date:Wednesday25th of Marchat 11:59 PM
DCJ is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
DCJ encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call or email the contact person listed, and also advise us of your preferred method of communication.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.