Be part of an industry leading company, Creative and innovative opportunity, Flexible hours: Full-time, part-time or casual.
About the business
Brimble Rail is synonymous with rail resurfacing. This family-owned business spans three generations, bringing with it over 100 years of local rail construction and maintenance experience.
With a proud history of providing excellence in track tamping and resurfacing, Brimble Rail provides tailored services of the highest quality to clients throughout Australia and across networks.
Brimble Rail's resurfacing machines are some of the most advanced in use in Australia. The machines have received expert modifications using the latest control systems, which allow for better control, smoother track and higher accuracy of the track asset.
Brimble Rails Senior Management support a creative and innovative learning culture, where current and best practice systems and processes are highly valued. This has led to Brimble Rail being recognised as a preferred contractor and will help to drive continued sustainable growth.
About the role
Due to sustained growth of the business, we have created a new role for a full time Engineer. The successful candidate will be flexible and innovative in the creation of systems that complement our technologically advanced fleet, be a team player and willing to drive change while getting in and getting the hard work done. We are therefore open to consider engineers of all levels of experience including recent graduates, current students and engineers from different industry backgrounds who feel they can make a significant contribution.
We are looking for a high achieving graduate or student engineer, and as such this can be a flexible casual, part-time or full-time role structured around your ongoing studies. However, we will also consider other experienced engineers for this role.
This will be an exciting opportunity to start your career in a company that is committed to ensuring they have a technologically advanced fleet of resurfacing machines.
You will be given the opportunity to apply what you have learn't in your studies and be given the opportunity to take the lead on exciting projects within a supportive environment, where your contribution will make a real difference and you will be greatly appreciated.
You will also be given the opportunity to work alongside key maintenance and operational personnel to ensure you develop a deep understanding of the machines and business operations.
Brimble Rail prides itself on having the most advanced control and operating systems on its fleet of track machines, making this an exciting opportunity for a flexible and creative engineer to be at the forefront of technological advancement within the industry.
The Engineer will be responsible for:
- A range of electrical engineering related tasks
- The development of systems that ensure Brimble Rails ongoing compliance
- Maintenance planning and scoping
- Machine engineering
- Project Management
- New parts engineering (e.g. specifications and compliance)
- On the job implementation of systems and change
- Machine hazard risk assessments
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Bachelor of engineering or higher-level qualification (Current students also accepted)
- Passionate and driven person with exceptional time management skills
- Committed to a career at Brimble Rail
- Capable of understanding and applying standards and related materials to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Ability to comprehensively understand and apply relevant legislation and standards
- A capacity for flexibility and innovation in generating solutions to compliance and machine operational issues.
- Exemplary commitment and leadership in Workplace Health and Safety, Environment and Quality Management
- Highly developed literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- A sound understanding of the technical and operational features of plant similar to our resurfacing equipment.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Rail Industry or other heavy industry experience
- Leadership capability
- Work experience
- Programming skills and experience (preferably PLC)
- Project Management skills and experience
- Additional experience or qualifications in Leadership, management, safety and quality
- Have experience in the management of track resurfacing teams and projects.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Project
- Experience with maintenance management software and programs
A remuneration package will be offered that reflects the experience and capability of the successful candidate.
- Please apply for this position through the Seek website
- Your application must include a cover letter outlining how you meet or exceed the Essential Selection Criteria and what aspects of the Desirable Selection Criteria you meet.
- Your application must include a resume outlining previous work experience, education and university grades
- Applications close Sunday 5th April 2020