Norton Gold Fields is seeking an experienced and qualified Tool Store person / Trade Assistant, to join our team. An Employer of Choice with a Clear Growth Strategy, Norton Gold Fields provides career opportunities that benefit you and the local community. Zero Harm, Teamwork, Innovation, Performance Driven, and Efficiency.
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor, this role is responsible for acquiring, maintenance, storing and dispatch of tools and maintenance equipment for daily and shutdown schedules at Paddington Operations. The role will also require the applicant to assist (when required) as a trade assistant for the mechanical/electrical department and carry out day to day preventative maintenance tasks when required for general site areas.
Key Duties Include:
- Maintain and operate maintenance tool store ( Mill shutdowns inclusive)
- Clean and maintain waste oil bund
- Clean and maintain diesel fuel farm
- Act as maintenance T/A when required
The ideal applicant will have:
- Manual drivers licence (mandatory)
- Forklift (mandatory)
- EWP (Desirable)
- HR (desirable)
- Franna crane (desirable)
- Familiar with the use of CMMS Pronto (desirable)
- Mechanical background desirable but not essential
- Previous exposure to a similar role
Benefits working with Norton at their Paddington Operations:
- Residential roles and lifestyle friendly rosters which affords the opportunity to balance family, work and community.
- Competitive salary, rewarding your skills and experience.
- Private health insurance for you and your family.
- Optional TPD insurance.
- Salary sacrificing options for housing, motor vehicles and superannuation.
- Discounted Corporate Gym memberships with several local fitness centres.
How to Apply
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd promotes diversity in our workforce and encourages all applicants, including women, indigenous and multi cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the closing date, unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd (Norton or the Company) is one of Australias largest domestic gold producers, with recent annual production of up to 200,000 ounces. The Company has a mining and processing complex in Western Australias world-class Kalgoorlie gold region, including a highly prospective tenement package of more than 1,000km surrounding the 3.8Mtpa Paddington Mill.
Norton is well positioned in growing the business with the strong support from its parent company Zijin Mining Group Co., Limited.