ManpowerGroup Solutions and the Naval Shipbuilding College are looking for a full-time Communications Manager to join the high performing Communications Team, situated in the South Australian naval shipbuilding industry hub at Osborne.
A dynamic, evolving Australian Government Initiative, the College is an integral part of the Growing Shipbuilding industry. The College is developing a nationwide, skilled and multi-generational workforce which will deliver the world’s most technologically advanced naval fleet.
This is a rare opportunity to become a key contributor in a truly nation-building project.
What will you be doing
The Communications Manager is responsible for providing strategic communications advice, planning and execution to support delivery of NSC Strategy and business objectives.
The role will work closely with The College Leadership Team and Communications Director to provide support, leadership and assistance in the execution of communications to support business activity, promote the shipbuilding industry, and deliver on strategy.
- Develop and execute communications plans aligned with business strategy
- Effectively plan, manage and deliver the necessary activities across several communication plans simultaneously
- Form partnerships with key stakeholders and groups to;
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of The College’s key objectives and goals
- Demonstrate link between desired outcome of a program and the communication tactics that have influenced that outcome
- Lead discussions with key stakeholders, to ensure a consistent message is delivered across the business
- Help leaders share the big picture with stakeholders through compelling information and personal narrative;
- Measure and report on communication program’s effectiveness and improve short and long term planning, strategies and tactics
What are we looking for in you
- Appropriate tertiary or business qualifications in communications or equivalent relevant experience/background
- Demonstrated experience in delivering communications in a corporate environment, preferably Defence
- Exceptional and demonstrable collaboration skills/experience
- Ability to influence others to a common goal or outcome
- Anticipates stakeholder reactions to messages
- Ability to engage senior leadership
- Ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Proven negotiation and problem-solving skills with astute judgement and political awareness
- Strong results orientation
We offer a great workplace, work life balance, a great culture and excellent career opportunities.
At ManpowerGroup, we care about people and the role of work in their lives. We respect people as individuals, trusting them, supporting them, enabling them to achieve their aims in work or in life. This means that we'll work with you to achieve your career goals and dreams by supporting and developing you as your career grows.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.