Wesley Property Maintenance
- full-time position (38 hours/week)
- based in Ermington
- lawn & garden maintenance
- superannuation and salary packaging available
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.
About the program
Wesley Property Services (WPS) provides employment and vocational development services for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
WPS operates a number of garden maintenance & cleaning crews across Sydney, Blue Mountains, Illawarra, Central Coast & Newcastle. We currently have a vacancy for a person to lead and train one of our Gardening crews based in Sydney.
About the role
Supervise and train a crew undertaking lawn and garden maintenance at various sites including aged care facilities, hospitals and government housing.
This is a rewarding hands-on role which will be perfectly suited to an individual with a proven track record and strong work ethic.
The successful applicant will:
- have demonstrated experience undertaking lawn and garden maintenance tasks
- be able to travel to various job sites to undertake their work
- understand safe work practices
- work to set timeframe to complete jobs in a timely and efficient manner
- complete necessary paperwork and electronic based reporting and recording of works
- horticulture qualifications or extensive experience
- demonstrated commitment to customer service (service industry experience will be considered favourably)
- strong communication skills
- strong leadership skills
- must deliver a high-quality of work
- current Class C (minimum) NSW drivers licence
- ability to work to a strict timeframe
- neat and tidy appearance
- Senior First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- White Card (or a willingness to obtain)
- ability to work individually and as part of a team
- experience working with people who have a disability
- knowledge / understanding of the NSW Disability Services Act
Conditions of employment are in line with the Supported Employment Services Award, Grade 7, plus salary packaging options and a work vehicle.
Friday 27th March 2020, by 5pm
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Mathew Hilder, Service Manager
Wesley Property Maintenance
Applications that do not address the selection criteria may be over looked.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and a Criminal History Record check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.