- $82.75per hour (casual rate)
- Opportunities at Wollongong, Nowra, Moss Vale, Yass, Goulburn, Bega, Wagga, Tumut, Temora, Young, Griffith, West Wyalong, Deniliquin and Cootamundra
- Teaching qualification scholarshipsavailable for suitable applicants
YOUR CHANCE TO TRAIN THE NEXT GENERATION
TAFE NSW is seeking qualified tradespeople who share in our values of Customer First, Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence and want to transfer their knowledge and skills to the next generation ofindustry professionals, in Metal Fabrication and Welding
We recognise that real experience is the most important aspect when appointing our teaching staff, we know that this experience, your creditability and your story will have a positive impact, to generate the passion needed by our students to see their qualification through.
Therefore, we want you to discover the teacher within you. If you dont have a current teaching qualification, but you do have a passion and commitment for your industry, apply and lets talk about a pathway to teaching for you!
Successful candidates will be provided with a scholarship and once you have completed the studies, you will hold the qualification needed to become a Trainer and Assessor with TAFE NSW so that you can teach the skills needed to be successful in your profession.
If you have;
- Metal Fabrication Trade Course Certificate (Certificate III and above) MEM30305 or equivalent with specialisation in one of the following trade areas Sheetmetal Heavy Fabrication, TIG & MIG Welding and Machining Capability.
- Five years relevant and current industrial experience after completion of tradesperson's qualifications
- Intermediate computer skills
- Appropriate subject knowledge
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of educational, industrial or community environments
- Commitment and willingness learn and develop as a professional teacher
- Commitment and capacity to implement Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Ethical Practice, Ethnic Affairs Priorities Statements, Work Health and Safety (WH&S) as they relate to the position
Scholarship opportunities with TAFE NSW provide you with;
- Support to complete your Certificate IV Training & Assessment (TAE)
- Full on-the-job training and support, along with further professional development opportunities
- A great culture and supportive team environment
- An attractive remuneration
- A diverse role with plenty of challenges
- An opportunity to diversify in an industry you are passionate about
Applications close at 11.59pm Wednesday 1^st April 2020
How to register your interest:
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Provide written response to the target questions (these questions form part of the online application form)
TAFE NSW is committed to diversity and fosters an inclusive environment in which all employees feel a sense of belonging.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this position and we will make any adjustments that you need in the interview process and on the job to help you demonstrate your full potential
You will be required to undertake a national criminal history check and obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance as a condition of employment. For more information, visit Office of the Childrens Guardian website.
For permanent positions in the NSW Public Sector, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.