Quartz mine - hard rock open pits; crushing facility, stock loadout., Must reside within safe driving distance of Moora, approx. 200km north of Perth., Must have exposure to mine site, heavy earthmoving machinery..
MOBILE PLANT FITTER / MECHANIC
Simcoa Mines Pty Ltd
Simcoa Mines Pty Ltd, located near Moora townsite, approximately 200km north of Perth, operates a quartz mine to supply feeds stock to the Simcoa Operations silicon smelter located in Bunbury. The mine also produces aggregate products for the concrete and landscaping markets. The mine consists of hard rock open pits, crushing facilities and stock loadout.
Simcoa Mines is seeking a Mobile Plant Fitter/Mechanic, with at least 5 years experience in the quarrying/ mining/ crushing industry to join the small multi skilled team. The position is the sole mobile mechanical fitter on site and will therefore be responsible for all aspects of repair and maintenance of the fleet.
The fleet currently consists of predominantly CAT equipment and includes rigid dump trucks, excavator wheel loaders as well as stationary generators and a fleet of smaller equipment. The candidate will plan, service, and engage service providers, as well as order parts and consumables to ensure the fleet is maintained. The position also provides mechanical and fitting support for the fixed plant circuit.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Heavy vehicle mechanical trade qualification
- Experience in maintaining and diagnosing all aspects of mobile plant including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and diesel systems
- Computer skills maintenance systems and OEM interfaces (CAT SIS)
- Self-discipline to schedule and prioritise tasks. Leadership in guiding non-trade personnel in mechanical works on maintenance days
- Welding and fabrication experience
- WA drivers licence
Desirable qualities include:
- Familiarisation with hard rock mining or quarrying practices, and exposure to crusher and screening plant circuits
- HR drivers licence
- High risk licence Dogman and Elevated work platform
- Equipment competencies in wheel loaders and rigid trucks
- Welding and / or fitting exposure
This is a residential position. Only applicants living within Moora, or a safe driving distance to Moora, will be considered. Accommodation will not be provided. Simcoa may consider applicants prepared to drive in/drive out, but who can provide their own residency during the working week.
Reporting to the Moora Mine Manager, an attractive package commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the candidate will be offered.
Written applications and full resume should be received no later than Tuesday 31st March 2020 and be addressed to:
Kerryann Hall Executive Assistant
Simcoa Operations Pty Ltd.