General Management of Tasmania Division, Stakeholder and Membership Engagement, Event Coordination.
About Engineers Australia
As a national organisation with a growing number of international chapters, Engineers Australia is well known as the peak professional body, the trusted voice and the global home of the Australian engineering profession.
Through a sustained period of significant innovation and growth, Engineers Australia as an organisation has evolved to become known as an influential membership-based organisation that not only leads and influences the engineering profession through strategic partnerships with industry and the Australian Government, but also offers a great range of relevant and quality-assured professional credentials and an ever-growing suite of member benefits, products and services.
About the role
With an office in every State and Territory (plus Newcastle), each managed by a General Manager, the position of General Manager, is primarily responsible for expressing Engineers Australias voice in the offices local region, leading the development of influential relationships as well as delivering commercially-viable services to:
- The Engineering profession; and
- The community.
In this dynamic and rewarding position, you will utilise your extensive experience and proactive can-do attitude to deliver the following duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively lead and influence a small team of employees to deliver against agreed objectives;
- Lead stakeholder engagement and advocacy with industry, government, academia, media and the community at large within the TAS region;
- Provide high-quality support to Engineers Australias Members across Tasmania
- Membership growth achieving growth across all membership categories in the region;
- Liaise and collaborate closely with the Division President and all Committee Office Bearers to deliver Engineers Australias goals and objectives;
- Work closely with the Tasmanian Division Committee to ensure alignment between Committee goals and Engineers Australias strategic plans and objectives;
- Participate in strategy development and implementation, action planning and financial budget management as relevant to the Tasmanian regional office; and
- Promote the practice of engineering in the region. This includes attending professional networking events, running marketing and promotional campaigns as well as delivering a suite of quality continuing professional development programs for Members and potential Members.
Skills and experience
As the successful applicant, you will be a confident and passionate professional with a positive, proactive and performance-driven attitude that is complemented by the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Proven experience in shaping, and championing, an organisations vision and creating a shared understanding of what has to be achieved and delivering outcomes accordingly;
- General management-level experience, particularly within a membership-organisation will be well-regarded;
- Demonstrated experience in building strong and positive relationships and networks by taking the opportunity to build rapport with a broad range of people (and organisations) and work to deeply understand stakeholder needs;
- Proven leadership experience along with a strong business acumen;
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, or equivalent relevant demonstrated experience in a professional membership environment;
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills including solid presentation skills;
- An appreciation and understanding of the practice of engineering, the challenges and opportunities facing the profession.
Culture & Benefits
This is a rare and rewarding opportunity that will enable you to develop influential relationships and play an integral part in delivering local and national programs across Tasmania.
As an employee at Engineers Australia, the successful applicant will also have access to a broad suite of staff benefits including but not limited to: complimentary life, TPD and salary continuance insurance; salary sacrificing and packaging arrangements; paid primary carers leave; and complimentary Engineers Australia membership.
Want to apply or know more
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to excel in this position, please submit a tailored cover letter and resume by clicking on the 'Apply for this job' button below.
Please note: applications without a cover letter are unlikely to be considered for this role.
By submitting an application for employment or expression of interest with us you and/or by making a job enquiry, you: