Join an organisation that has been shaping WA for nearly 30 years, Be part of a creative, multi-disciplinary team of urban strategists.
element is a creative, multi-disciplinary team of urban strategists, bringing complex projects to life. Our work in shaping WA over 30 years spans city centres, waterfronts, cultural and transit precincts, universities, regional towns and master planned communities. Planning, place, engagement, design and heritage we seamlessly blend creative and technical know-how to realise vision and deliver legacy.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists to join our growing team in an engagement role, responsible for the development and delivery of a wide range of place focussed stakeholder engagement and communication strategies. Responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver high-quality engagement and communications strategies
- Research, design and implement online and traditional engagement methods
- Support activities including e-engagement and workshop facilitation
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data, prepare reports, edit, review and ensure quality control
- Understand client needs, build and manage relationships
- Formulate tenders and fee proposals
- Work flexibly based on engagement and communications activities/needs
As a consultant or senior member of our team, you will have a broad understanding and practical experience in all engagement facets, including online applications and platforms. As a strategic and creative thinker, you will have the ability to identify and apply innovative techniques to continually improve our service offer, client experience and business growth. As our ideal candidate, you will:
- Enjoy being part of a collaborative, cross functional team
- Have high level of interest and proficiency in connecting and working with stakeholders and communities on small to large scale engagements
- Have expert skills to design, analyse and report using online engagement platforms
- Be a strong, confident communicator both verbally and in writing
- Think on your feet, pre-empt and respond to client and project needs
- Be experienced in building strong industry networks in planning, tourism, government or urban development industry
- Have experience in a similar role (5-7 years Senior or 2+ years Consultant)
It is expected as our successful candidate, you will have qualifications in either communication or engagement and have worked within the urban design or property sector. Private practice is desirable but not essential, similarly IAP2 qualifications are desirable but not essential.
If this role sounds like you, please send us the following.
1. A cover letter outlining what you bring to the role with a brief discussion of your experience in:
- Preparation of engagement and communication strategies
- Design and facilitation using a variety of online engagement methods and platforms
- Stakeholder analysis, social research, data analysis, presentation and reporting
- Preparation of engagement materials for presentations, events and workshops
- Planning, tourism, government or urban development industry contexts
- Demonstrating understanding of contexts and drivers
- Preparing tenders and fee proposals
2. A CV outlining your relevant skills and experience
Please lodge your application on Seek. Please note, applicants must have full time permanent work rights in Australia.