Wide variety of projects including two-storey homes and grouped dwellings, Positive, Forward-Thinking culture, Great opportunities for career advancement with Australia's Largest Builder.
TERRACE is a trailblazing division of Western Australias largest homebuilder group, BGC (Australia). Proudly part of BGC Housing Group, TERRACE prides itself in delivering clever two and three storey home designs through small lot housing innovation.
TERRACE is the newest innovative product in the market and we have an opportunity for a Residential Designer / Draftsperson to work across a wide variety of projects, including single and two-storey residences and group dwellings.
We are seeking an Estimator with strong working experience within the project home building industry in Western Australia.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Accurately compiling costings and quantities
- Overseeing the estimating function
- Liaising effectively with the sales & contracts administration team
- Performing other related tasks as required by the Scheduling and Estimating Manager.
The successful candidate will come with the following attributes:
- Solid Residential Scheduling or Estimating experience
- Group dwelling or 2 storey experience is advantageous
- Ability to interpret architectural and engineering drawings
- Diploma in Building or Certificate IV in Building and Construction is advantageous
- Sound construction knowledge including construction timelines
- Good computer literacy and experience with scheduling software
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive, enthusiastic & outgoing approach
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with varied related parties
- Ability to work under pressure/meet strict deadlines
- Good team player
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a dynamic business unit in an integral support role within a winning team. Working for TERRACE means you will enjoy great staff benefits being part of a leading Australian Building company. You can view these benefits at www.bgcstaffbenefits.com.au
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
All BGC Housing Group employees have a responsibility to behave in a manner, which ensures their actions or omissions, do not adversely affect the health, safety, environment and well being of colleagues, contractors or members of the public. BGC Housing Group employees must comply and meet all responsibilities as outlined in BGC Housing Groups Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Policies and Procedures.
Please note: shortlisted applicants may be required to provide a police clearance upon engagement of employment for relevant positions. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.