22.5 hr/week (days and hours flexible), Drive strategy and success as part of the execultive team, Set the agenda for stakeholder communication and engagement.
Consult Australia is the industry association that represents businesses in design, advisory, and engineering. Our members provide professional services in the built and natural environment (engineering, architecture, project management, cost management, etc). We exist to improve the business environment for our members by offering a range of services to help them run their business, as well as advocating on their behalf to improve their operating environment.
Purpose of the role
The role is responsible for strategic engagement across our community (members, future members, sponsors, and other industry stakeholders) through the development of campaigns that contribute to the reputational and commercial growth of the Association. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be an integral part of the Executive Management Team and have the opportunity to effect positive change in the industry through building the brand and strength of Consult Australia.
This is a challenging and multi-faceted role focused on marketing strategy and communications, business development, and stakeholder relationships. You will have P&L responsibility for national based activities. You will also manage, and working closely with, a small professional team to maximise value and impact ranging from brand and design, national events, services, partnerships, and our new CRM and automated marketing system.
The position is 0.6 FTE with flexibility offered in the hours and days worked.
This is a very hands-on role that will also provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate your capability in marketing strategy and execution and show your creative side!
Key responsibilities include:
- Business plan development to support our strategic goal for growth
- Membership growth through member recruitment and engagement activity
- Management of our national sponsorship program including acquisition of new sponsors
- Development and delivery of multi-channel marketing campaigns, engagement strategies and activities
- Management of the team responsible for design activity, CRM, and national events and education
- P&L responsibility (including budgeting and forecasting)
- Preparation of Management and Board reports
- Copywriting and creative direction for marketing literature
- Active contribution to our strategic direction via the Executive Leadership team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Above average communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Aptitude to combine creativity with a strong practical streak
- Desire to contribute to the broader strategy of the Association
- Drive to meet (or exceed) commercial targets and be held accountable for them
- Ability to work collaboratively, motivate, and positively influence others
- Strong networking and people skills
- Excellent time management and organisational ability
- The ability to think on your feet, be proactive and self-motivated
- Sound judgement and a common-sense approach
- A willingness to be hands-on and take care of the small details
- Proven experience in financial/commercial management.
by 2 April 2020.
[Please note that the salary band provided for search purposes is the full time equivalent for this role not the pro-rated amount]