Tullamarine Location - free parking - work close to home, Gain sought after Pharmaceutical experience in a stable and secure environment, Great salary with casual loading of 25% on top of normal rate.
Seeking Casual Purchasing Officer
Our client, located in Tullamarine, is an Australian-owned private company specialising in therapeutic, cosmetic and personal care manufacturing. They are currently looking for an experienced Purchasing Officer to assist in procurement of products for the business over a short contract of between 3-6 months.
To be selected, you must have a history of purchasing raw, packaging materials and consumables for a manufacturing company, through ERP systems (J D Edwards preferred but not a necessity) or similar environment.
You will be required to perform following tasks
* Maintain raw material and packaging database by managing active supplier information and product pricing.
* Obtain material quotation from existing and new suppliers and recommend outcomes to Production Manager.
* Source alternate direct and indirect materials.
* Regularly identify price reduction opportunities and obtain competitive quotes.
* Communicate and maintain accurate flow of information to production department to support operation of the manufacturing process.
* Actively liaise with Sales, QA and QC departments to ensure accurate product management and product deliveries.
* Raising and processing purchase orders based on production schedule, considering lead times. * Constantly monitoring in-bound item and stock on hand items.
* Creating and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers to ensure fast response and avoid quality issues, including supplier reviews.
Market rate for this role is on offer plus 25% casual loading.
Thank you for your time & consideration
23/03/2020$0Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs1 Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Apply for this job
Option 1: Use this option if you want to upload a new cover letter and a Resume file