At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmont Tanami is on Aboriginal freehold land 540km northwest of Alice Springs. It is a long-life, low-cost, world-class asset in a core Newmont region. The Tanami Expansion 2 project, aims to extend the mine life beyond 2040, investing in a hoisting shaft which will increase the production of the underground mine from 2.6 Mtpa to 3.2 Mtpa. Both the successful exploration within the underground operation and implementation of the first Tanami Expansion has laid the foundation to further develop the operation to remain a major contributor to the Newmont portfolio. A fully equipped 800 bed camp is located 40km from the site offering modern leisure facilities for those flying in from Perth, Brisbane, Alice Springs or Darwin.
Reporting to the Underground Supervisor, the All Rounder is responsible for operating and maintaining equipment according to all Newmont Plant Procedures, Operation & Maintenance procedures and fault reporting systems.
The role is based in The Tanami and offers an2/2 FIFO roster from Perth, Darwin, Alice Springs or Brisbane.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow rules related to safety standards and practises before, during and after work
- Conduct pre-start checks of equipment and work area.
- Set up jumbo/long hole rigs as per specifications and plans.
- Drill blast holes and sample holes as per specification and plans.
- Install ground support to required standards.
- Bog blasted material to trucks or stockpiles as per instructions and plans.
- Co-ordinate truck requirements with Underground Supervisor and mine control.
- Charge development/production holes as per specification and plans.
- Minimum 8 years underground experience.
- Sound knowledge of varying ground support techniques and basic ground support theory
- Skilled in the use of Jumbos to ensure safe, efficient operations of the machine
- Knowledge of drilling and charging for different ground conditions and heading profiles
- Minimum 18 months experience bolting, meshing and boring development headings.
- Minimum 2 years experience operating production drills.
- Sound knowledge, skills and experience in operating production drills.
- Must also be a competent Charge- Up and Loader operator and have at least 12 months experience in each.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to meet the site access requirements by having a current drivers license, passing a police clearance and pre-employment medical inclusive of Drug & Alcohol Testing both pre-employment and random periodical testing when onsite.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.