Our three-year strategy outlines the world we want to see and our role advancing in it. It also speaks to the positive impact we will deliver to support women, girls and families to be safe, secure, strong and connected. We are committed to tackling the issues of our time which adversely affect them. We work to advance equity and social justice and support our communities to thrive.
We seek to increase economic participation and wellbeing, to build resilience, improve safety and bring
about system change. We offer microfinance programs and products, financial counselling and coaching, family violence support, parenting programs and playgroups, education programs and community houses. These services are complemented by research and advocacy to address the underlying structural causes of injustice, exclusion, and inequality.
About the role
Working closely and collaboratively with the National Manager, Comprehensive Aged Support Services, this position combines hands on support to the Good Shepherd Sisters and the women with coordination functions and support for a small team in Victoria, Western Australia and New Zealand.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Enjoy working flexibly, with no two days the same.
- Enjoy being part of a small team
- Have a current drivers licence
- Have a satisfactory Police Check
- Have or obtain immediately, a current Working with Childrens Check (WWCC)
Regular car travel in and around the three states and interstate travel is required. Good Shepherd provides transport support in the form of pool cars and/or km allowances.
There is an on-call support requirement for this role. Re call is generally infrequent.
About you: You will have:
- Relevant Qualifications; Community Services, Ageing/Aged Care, community nursing, Allied Health
- Minimum of 5 + years previous experience in aged/community care setting
- Demonstrated ability to navigate aged care systems across the aged services and NDIS spectrum including Australian and NZ Commonwealth programs, VIC and WA State based services and FFS programs in all regions.
- Be able to demonstrate a person centred, strengths based and consultative approach to working with older people
- A current drivers licence
Why Good Shepherd
At Good Shepherd, each member of our team is valued, we strive to support people to grow both personally and professionally. We offer generous conditions and flexible working hours to support employees to balance their personal and work life.
Salary packaging (which can add up to $15,900 in tax-free pay per year)
Paid study leave
Paid parental leave
Gifted leave at Christmas and Easter
Additional purchased annual leave
Flexible work hours/working from home where possible
Long service leave due after 10 years, with access after seven
Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
How to apply
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children Check, National Criminal History check and proof of the right to work in Australia.