Interesting variety of projects, Friendly and collaborative team, Central Brisbane CBD location.
GHDs Environmental Assessment team has a strong and growing workload, and we are looking for a hardworking individual to join us in delivering for our clients across all market sectors. Our current project portfolio includes undertaking environmental assessments, obtaining regulatory approvals and providing innovative environmental management solutions for government, industry and private sector clients across South Queensland and in collaboration with GHD colleagues across Australia.
Our team in Brisbane comprises 10 environmental professionals ranging from new graduates to experienced Principals with 20 years experience so, this is an opportunity to develop your career and gain experience across a range of fields within a supportive environment and alongside industry professionals.
In your role as Environmental Consultant, you will participate in our client-service strategy and connected global network and contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the social sustainability practice and your wider business unit. This role will see you involved in:
- Completing technical project work, desk based and field work in environmental assessment, planning and management to a high standard, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Supporting project managers throughout a projects lifecycle from proposal through to delivery.
- Participating in young professional and client relationship team activities to developing business opportunities through establishing client relationships and winning repeat work
What you will bring to the team
- Experience working across a broad range of market sectors including infrastructure (such as road, rail, ports, pipelines and/or dams), utilities, renewables, oil and gas, mining, agribusiness and natural resources.
- Experience (3 to 5 years) in similar roles, preferably in consulting but not essential.
- Sound knowledge of Commonwealth and Queensland environmental legislation and policy.
- Clear and concise report and proposal writing skills.
- Self-motivated and show a willingness to exceed team performance expectations.
- Good consulting behaviors, organisational and time management skills.
- An ability to seek and respond positively to feedback.
- Work collaboratively and independently to deadlines and budgets.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Relevant tertiary qualification e.g. Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Planning.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities. So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own
As one of the worlds leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
We look forward to reviewing your application and have streamlined our application process to make it easier for you.
At GHD we only accept applications submitted online via the apply button and we will connect with you once we have reviewed your resume.