Strong portfolio and variety of work, Friendly and collaborative team, Central Brisbane CBD location.
GHDs Environmental Assessment team has a strong and increasing workload, and we are looking for a dedicated professional with a combination of strong leadership, commercial acumen and technical ability. Our current project portfolio includes undertaking environmental assessments, obtaining regulatory approvals and providing innovative environmental management solutions for government, industry and private sector clients across South Queensland and in collaboration with GHD colleagues across Australia.
Our team in Brisbane comprises 10 environmental professionals ranging from new graduates to experienced Technical Directors with over 20 years experience, so this is an opportunity to join a highly skilled team to provide positive outcomes for a diverse range of high profile clients.
In your role as Senior Environmental Consultant, you will participate in our client-service strategy and connected global network and contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the social sustainability practice and your wider business unit. This role will see you involved in:
- Developing proposals and completing technical project work in environmental assessment, planning and management to a high standard, ensuring client satisfaction
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams by designing and coordinating environmental assessments and studies
- Project management from proposal through to delivery exceeding clients expectations
- Developing business opportunities through establishing client relationships and winning repeat work
What you will bring to the team
- 10-15 years' plus experience in the design, coordination and management of environmental impact assessment studies and regulatory planning reports, including Environmental Impact Studies and Environmental Authorities.
- Proven history in identifying, winning, maintaining and delivering exceptional projects across a broad range of market sectors. It will be advantageous to have previous experience in transport, water and resource projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Commonwealth and Queensland environmental legislation and policy, including applications under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and Queensland State Development and Public Works Organisation Act 1971, Environmental Protection Act 1994 and legislation coordinated under the Planning Act 2016.
- Previous experience in a consulting environment with effective and proven time management, business development and strategy, networking and client listening and relationship management skills.
- Clear and concise verbal and written report and proposal writing skills, including preparation of environmental impact assessments, environmental impact statements and regulatory planning reports.
- Good briefing, feedback and review skills to compliment your organisational and project management skills and ability to work independently to deadlines and budgets. Relevant tertiary qualification e.g. Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Planning or similar.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities. So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own
As one of the worlds leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
We look forward to reviewing your application and have streamlined our application process to make it easier for you.
At GHD we only accept applications submitted online via the apply button and we will connect with you once we have reviewed your resume.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.