Multiple Openings! full-time, permanent, grain site operation roles;, Join a leading multinational transforming the global food system;, Looking for talent with Agriculture/Supply Chain/Storage-Distribution background.
At Cargill, we are challenging the way world sees agriculture. With more than 150 years of experience we are committed to feeding the world in a safe and responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Safety is our top priority and we are committed to creating a Zero Harm safety culture.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive. With a diverse and inclusive workplace culture and a global footprint, you will work with some of the best minds developing innovative programs and practices for a sustainable future. Its an opportunity to learn, grow and engage in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. Learn more at www.cargill.com
We have multiple full-time, permanent opportunities within Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC), Grain Operations team across our grain storage and handling sites in New South Wales and Queensland. We are looking forSite Supervisors and Regional Operations Assistants with exposure to Grains/Agriculture industry for the following sites.
The Gums, Talwood, Bellata, Bogan Gate, Stockinbingal and Grong Grong.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, these are busy hands-on roles with primary focus on safety and operational efficiency/risk management with demonstrated people skills, training and execution of day to day grain site operations. Regional Operations Assistants lead bunker operations and work closely with the Site Supervisors to execute safe and efficient work practices across all areas of site operations.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Managing storage operations including Casuals and Contractors at the origination site;
- Execution of risk management systems and programs for both EH&S & FSQR and inventory management programs at the site;
- Actively contributing to/Implementing new technology/systems with a strong focus on Continuous Improvement programs at the site;
- Managing site operations on high efficiency issues - operational expenses control, energy reduction index, grain quality control including shrink management, etc.;
- Working collaboratively and managing operational training programs effectively;
- Actively contributing to the maintenance & reliability program for the respective site;
Why you should work with us
- Diverse and inclusive environment with flexible workplace culture, employee well-being policies;
- Career Development opportunities with access to Cargill's Learning and Development programs as well as mentoring opportunities;
- High level of autonomy with an opportunity to work closely with key business leaders and stakeholders as part of the Supply chain;
All about you
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong leadership skills to guide staff and administer operational training on Standard Operating Procedures (WI);
- Ability and desire to learn technical knowledge of grain quality-handling and project management;
- Ability to drive and promote a safety culture which aligns with Cargills values;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- An ability to work in a changing work environment focused on reliability and quality;
- Ability to work in a team environment and travel to the other sites as required;
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed to meet customer requirements;
- Minimum Secondary School qualifications (preferred);
- Confined space certificate (preferred);
- Front end loader licence (preferred);
- Fumigation certificate (preferred);
Applications close on 5 April, 2020. Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are treated with complete confidentiality.